Smart Growth (Spatial Research) Analyst
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Smart Growth (Spatial Research) Analyst
Department: Restaurant Development
Position band: Specialist (Global Grade 2)
Reports to: National Manager Smart Growth
Type of position: 12 Month Contract
McDonald’s Canada has an opportunity for a Smart Growth (Spatial Research) Analyst. Reporting to the National Manager Smart Growth, you will be responsible for providing analytical insights and reporting for Restaurant Development and one of the company’s top initiatives. You will also be supporting the rollout of Restaurant Development’s custom Smartsheet solution.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on central initiatives.
Who you are
You want to help drive the McDonald’s business forward by applying your analytical and technical skills. You are comfortable working with complex systems, data structures, and processes. You're a self-starter who can work independently and take initiative. You can juggle multiple projects and commitments, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. You’re organized, quick learner, collaborative, a problem solver, a great communicator, and always put the customer first.
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing analytical insights and reporting. You will develop and produce one-off studies and weekly/monthly reports by pulling data from multiple sources and highlighting actionable insights and key metrics. Some of your work will have a spatial component, leveraging census and other geographic data to ensure that the business is making well-informed decisions.
- Supporting the rollout of Restaurant Development’s custom Smartsheet solution. You will help build and test the solution, perform data validation, identify opportunities for future system enhancements, as well as onboard, train, and support users.
- Education. Post-secondary degree in Geography/GIS, Computer Science, Business Administration, or a related discipline.
- Experience. 1 to 2 years of experience in working with large datasets and proven ability to provide business insights through advanced skills in data analysis, reporting, GIS and/or BI.
- Technical skills. Expert knowledge of Excel and/or Smartsheet required. Strong knowledge of Alteryx, SQL, Tableau, and/or programming skills is an asset. Ability to quickly learn new tools is essential to the role.
- Collaborative and communication skills. Very strong customer focus with keen attention to detail and ability to translate requirements into action. Strong interpersonal skills, outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Bilingualism in French is an asset.
- Strong organization, adaptation, and multi-tasking skills. Well organized, with excellent multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to work on multiple projects at any given time, with tight deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. Experience working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adjust quickly to change.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.