Senior Product Manager - Restaurant Core Data System
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together.
McDonald’s has long been an industry leader, innovating to deliver improvements in the experience for our customers and restaurant teams. In recent years, digital platforms have become an increasingly critical part of delivering phenomenal customer and crew experience. We have invested to build assets and capabilities that will take advantage of this growing consumer interest in digital, including upgrades to the mobile app, as well as installation of self-order kiosks, and digital menu boards.
These new ordering channels and capabilities are reliant on McDonald’s core restaurant data system called RFM (Restaurant File Maintenance). RFM is the product responsible for pricing, menu, promotions, menu layout, and many other critical functions in the restaurant today. This product is global in scale - supporting 40,000 restaurants in over 120 countries.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for leading the product strategy, roadmap, and execution for the entire RFM product. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, marketing, and operations, to drive product innovation and achieve business goals. You will be the champion of the customer and crew, translating their needs and feedback into product requirements and driving customer-centric product development. The Senior Product Manager will also analyze market trends, conduct competitive analysis, and identify growth opportunities to ensure the product portfolio remains driven and relevant in the market.
- Develop and implement the product strategy and roadmap, aligning with overall business goals and market trends. Define the product vision and direction, and communicate it optimally to cross-functional teams, executives, and partners.
- Drive end-to-end product development, including conducting market research, defining customer requirements, crafting product specifications, and working with engineering and design teams to develop and launch new products and features. Collaborate with UI, SDM and Engineering to develop, test and ship functionality to users.
- Deeply understand customer and crew needs, difficulties, and behaviors through research, user feedback, and market analysis. Use insights to advise product decisions and prioritize product backlog items.
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis to identify market trends, customer and crew needs, and growth opportunities. Stay up-to-date with industry trends and technologies to advise product strategy and ensure the product portfolio remains competitive. Facilitate release planning, weekly demos with stakeholders and other Agile practices on an operational basis.
- Define and supervise product performance metrics to analyze success.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and global markets including engineering, design, marketing, operations, and customer support, to ensure smooth execution of product initiatives. Develop a collaborative environment and build strong relationships with team members to align product goals and achieve business objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, computer science, or an equivalent. MBA or other relevant certifications are a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in product management.
- Solid understanding of product management principles, methodologies, and standard processes.
- Proven track record of successfully launching and handling products throughout their lifecycle with customer experience and technology systems and specifications and interdependencies: with a focus on specific Product Groups (i.e. Ordering, Serve, Digital Channels, etc.)
- Ability to analyze market trends, customer needs, and competitive landscape to advise product strategy.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to optimally communicate sophisticated concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to influence and collaborate with cross-functional teams while overseeing the work of other managers.
- Results-oriented attitude with a strong focus on achieving business goals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment and adapt to changing priorities.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4714U_743999907646599
- Product Management