Senior Payroll Accountant
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
Based out of our Oakbrook, IL office, Global Business Services (GBS) contributes to the McDonald’s system by providing best-in-class services and solutions that support our business effectively and efficiently in the areas of cost, time, quality and compliance. The McDonald’s Payroll Department provides services associated with the full life cycle of an employee (hire to retire services) to over 65,000 active employees located in both the US and Canada.
The Senior Payroll Accountant is responsible for owning the payroll processing for the North American payroll team. This position also plays a key role in reporting, analyzing and processing COVID pay, as well as other ad-hoc duties related to payroll overall and its impact on the financial statements.
- Operate as part of a high performing team with a focus on exceptional customer experience and quality results
- Manage through ambiguity and develop proactive thinking
- Build effective internal partnerships and actively promote cross-functional collaboration to ensure business goals are achieved
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to design, develop and implement new processes and enhancements needed to deliver superior execution
- Develop and implement continuous improvement recommendations to achieve cost and processing efficiencies as well as improve employee experience
- Solve complex situations that arise, analyze the root cause of the problem and identify sustainable
Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
We are looking for...
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of experience analyzing information
- 3+ years of experience solving problems at work
- 3+ years of experience with developing, collecting and reporting metrics and SLAs
- 3+ years of experience with identifying process efficiencies and implementing sustainable solutions
We'd also prefer..
- Previous payroll / accounting experience
- Experience working within the general ledger
- Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge, including Excel and Word
- Prior experience using Oracle HCM Cloud and Service Now
- The ability to understand financial impact of data
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.