Senior Manager, System Communications
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centred on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet.Job Description:
McDonald's Global Impact team is aligned around a vision to make McDonald’s famous for our positive impact on people and the planet. The North American Impact team includes Communications, Government Relations, Sustainability & ESG, and Philanthropy to support the North American Impact team. Read more about McDonald’s Purpose & Impact here.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager, System Communications to strategically align key priorities and initiatives across the U.S. Business to ensure a cohesive editorial calendar for U.S. Communications, in alignment with the Global Communications team. The Senior Manager will lead the development of an editorial calendar for the U.S. business, as well as a content strategy for U.S. communications channels. This will be a critical role within our newly created North America Impact team reporting directly to the Senior Director, U.S. Business Communications. They will lead a team of two.
- Accountable for developing, managing, and driving the editorial calendar for U.S. Communications
- Responsible for coordinating cross-functionally around communications breakthroughs that impact the U.S. business
- Partner closely with Global Communications to ensure close alignment between U.S. and global achievements and communications calendars
- Own strategy and execution for U.S. System communications channels, including key newsletters and vehicles for System communication
- Manage a team that is accountable for crafting content as well as managing flow to System, including support for proactive and reactive issues
- Advise cross-functional partners on channel strategy, communications plans, and crisis situations that require System communications
- Develop and implement integrated channel strategies for key U.S. business priorities in partnership with Enterprise and Field Communications Teams
- Support effort to execute against key System convenings and messages such as Employee Town Halls, U.S. System Webcasts, national and global conferences, etc.
- Provide people management by supporting career development and skill enhancement of direct reports
- BA/BS degree required
- Solid experience with internal, external and executive-level communications
- Experience using internal communications platforms such as intranets, Poppulo, Workplace, etc.
- Experience with improving entire existing processes, systems and / or products
- Experience leading a team
- Proven leadership and ability to influence and work with Sr. Leadership and multi-disciplined teams
- Ability to navigate, orchestrate, and work through complex issues with a strategic, tactical, and fresh perspective
- Ability to support and execute on internal crisis communications
- Ability to develop and implement communication strategy for key initiatives
- Proven ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced environment and support multiple high priority work streams
- High level of strategic focus and perspective and tactical ability to deliver
- In-depth knowledge of communication strategies, tools, and vehicles and application of written communication skills
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4662R_743999906497673
- Public Relations