Senior Manager, Software Quality Assurance - Mobile App Deployments
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale.
About McDonald’s Global Product Engineering Team
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers each year. More and more of our customers are interacting with McDonald’s through Digital channels, including our Mobile Apps and In-Store Kiosks. The McDonald’s Global Product Engineering Team is responsible for driving digital innovation inside and outside of our restaurants. We identify the most meaningful opportunities for our customers and our business, and we bring them to life through industry-changing products like Mobile Ordering and McDelivery.
As Senior Product Engineering Manager, Delivery Optimization and DevOps, you’ll be responsible for evolving the end-to-end production deployment process for McDonald’s global mobile apps, including localization, configuration, automated testing, canary release, and production monitoring. You’ll manage a team that will focus on enabling Market success through DevOps practices and Testing Optimization through the McDonald’s ecosystem.
The Senior Product Engineering Manager, Delivery Optimization and DevOps will leverage their deep expertise with coordinating multi-product deployment processes and strong partnerships with market teams to improve quality, efficiency, and accelerate our ability to deploy new features that our customers love. This role is central to ensuring our mobile app releases are high-quality and support our markets and customers-the buck stops with you.
- Manage DevOps teams across platform and manage integrations that extend into and out of the GMA domains.
- Drive testing automation initiatives that directly impact defect leakage for all markets
- Establish the foundation for testing and deployment standardization and scaling to 80+ markets globally.
- In collaboration with Global Engineering and market stakeholders, enable the delivery team to deploy a localized mobile app build into the iOS App Store and Google Play Store.
- Champion iterative evolution of our tools and processes to drive efficiency and higher quality for our production releases.
- Work with the Global Architecture and Engineering teams on standardization initiatives to be delivered to the Market that impact GMA Platforms.
- Manage a team of Product Engineering Managers embedded with and partnering closely with market teams around the world.
- Set quality and efficiency metrics for the platform and deployment process and manage a comprehensive roadmap of our process evolution over the long term to meet business objectives.
- Facilitate collaboration between international markets and the Global Product Engineering team to ensure alignment and rapid adoption of our latest release.
- Technical Project Management or Engineering Management experience in an enterprise global environment.
- Deep expertise in cross-product testing in a large-scale global environment
- Extensive experience working with Agile methodologies and expertise in production deployment processes and continuous deployment best practices.
- Must be passionate about technology and opinionated about the best ways to deploy products and features that customers love to use.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills.
- Uncompromising attention to detail.
- Superior interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, with the ability to deliver information in a clear, succinct way to enable the organization to make rapid and informed decisions.
- Experience leading multiple complex, cross-functional projects in parallel, including prioritizing major initiatives and negotiating trade-offs with business stakeholders.
- Hardworking facilitator who leads strategy creation and planning discussions.
- Curious, task-oriented, and a self-starter, with a proven track record of "getting things done."
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.Additional Information:
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.