Senior Manager of CyberSecurity Service Engineering
McDonald's evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first and demonstrates our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the critical role technology plays as the best-in-class, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technologies, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day!
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of innovation specialists who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of groundbreaking opportunities for the business. We take on technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge! This provides access to compelling career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
This role will collaborate closely with cybersecurity experts, market leads, project managers, and Global Technology Solutions teams to ensure the reliable and efficient operation of McDonald’s security services. In addition, this role will be responsible for managing and collaborating with the support teams that handle tickets and other operational tasks for McDonald’s security services. This person will work closely with others in Global Technology Risk Management and other areas of Global Technology to ensure that our services are meeting the needs of markets, application teams, and other stakeholders.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
McDonald’s, one of the most recognized brands in the world, is seeking a Senior Manager of Cybersecurity Service Engineering to support our Cybersecurity team as we protect McDonald’s. You will collaborate closely with Global Technology leadership, market leaders, project managers, Global Technology solutions teams, application owners, key vendors, and others to ensure McDonald’s has extraordinary Cybersecurity products and services.
This role will be accountable for the delivery of cross functional support services across our Cybersecurity Engineering team whose purpose is to build and deliver capabilities that secure the business.
This role will work with the product and platform Engineers, partners, and Operations to ensure the Engineering backlog, support, and intake processes are prioritized for the needs of the business. They will accelerate the organizational objectives and grow the cybersecurity service coverage by optimizing the intake and capability support processes, and align the processes to a common ITSM support model governed by Global Technology. They will also develop repeatable processes to prepare all new services and capabilities for shipment.
This role will work with the Operations team to implement consistent repeatable processes which define metrics and KPI that reflect the operations, value and efficacy of the platforms within the organization. They will measure the performance of existing capabilities and find opportunities for improvement across both process and technology. And they will be responsible for the underlying Reporting platform technology(s) and service for the organization with periodic recertification of operational details.
This person will work closely with all areas of the business and technology teams to ensure that our services are meeting the needs of markets, application teams, corporate departments, and other partners.
We are adapting quickly and are adding to our best-in-class team, and joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that will affect the world. We are customer-focused, committed to being leaders in our industry, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last several years, we have launched home delivery, radically improved the digital experiences of our restaurants, introduced mobile pay, and have so much more to come. These critical initiatives require strong leadership to ensure compliance with policies, standards, regulatory requirements, and best methodologies.
McDonald’s is investing heavily in technology to drive our growth. We’re looking at how to use technology to improve the customer experience and build new customer experiences. We’re also exploring technologies that can help us reduce or eliminate repetitive tasks and make employees’ jobs more exciting and rewarding. With all the new projects and initiatives, it is an exciting time to be on the Cybersecurity team, helping to make a safer and Better McDonald's!
The Senior Manager of Cybersecurity Service Engineering will lead a team of global professionals and will work with partners globally to ensure the proper functioning of the processes and people needed to keep these critical security and infrastructure services running reliably. This person must set the high-level strategy and direction for the team and for vendor partners and set clear expectations, goals, and requirements that must be obtained as a measure of success. This position will work closely with market technology teams, GTRM Cybersecurity Service Operations, GTRM architects, application owners, key vendors and others to ensure the continued reliable operation of McDonald’s Cybersecurity services.
- Assess the strategic and practical needs of McDonald’s globally to and help ensure that the company has extraordinary Cybersecurity products and services that meets the needs of the business.
- Continually assess the performance of our Cybersecurity products and service delivery to determine if their performance meets the needs of the business.
- Backlog prioritization to ensure the Engineering teams are working on the most critical needs of the business.
- Deliver an enduring metrics program available to the organization that will be used to measure performance, drive process and technology change, and influence business decisions.
- Responsible for the team, their underlying reporting technologies, and handled service providers to deliver secure, reliable, responsive, and consistent metrics that will illustrate the value our Cybersecurity services deliver and incite change.
- Work with the Engineering team to identify the pertinent information and processes required for our handled services providers to deliver a service, making our team the provider of choice.
- Work with vendors to ensure that Cybersecurity services are designed to maintain high availability and resiliency at all times.
- Provide input to a roadmap of proposed future updates and enhancements to the Cybersecurity platform and help socialize with key partners.
- Work with multi-functional teams to identify and implement ways to improve the ease of use, security, and operational stability of Cybersecurity systems.
- Perform functions promptly and with an acute level of attention to detail, vitality, and thoroughness.
- Drive strategic improvement projects within Cybersecurity Service Engineering and measure their impact. (Continuous improvement methodology).
- Ensure security policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines are followed.
- Identify developmental needs of direct reports and develop suggestions to address those needs. Acts as a mentor to team members on projects and provides on-the-job training. Schedules work, assigns responsibility, and delegates authority for assigned projects.
- Analyze complex engineering issues, resolve their cause and impact on the business, and identify the corrective action needed to eliminate and prevent the events in the future.
- Ensure operations is taken into account as services are created, enhanced, and updated.
- Support a strategic program applying industry-leading practices and methodologies to support the achievement of short, medium, and long-term goals.
- Help develop and implement appropriate policies, SOPs, training, and guidelines for running services.
- Provide input into the department’s annual budget and provide input into future funding of projects to improve Cybersecurity services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, CyberSecurity, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of Sr. Manager experience with a background in designing, building, or operating security services.
- Experience handling 3rd party vendors and service providers
- Experienced in designing and developing processes required to enable service consumption.
- Experience with reporting platforms that enable the delivery of metrics that illustrate value and measure performance especially for Cybersecurity services.
- Familiarity with sophisticated multinational companies and distributed business models.
- Experience and willingness to lead a 24x7x365 team.
- Ability to interpret and understand business needs and convey such issues to operations and support teams.
- Proficient in technical writing and demonstrating various creative mechanisms to communicate to diverse audiences.
- Solid ability to assess urgency and prioritization and make good decisions based upon circumstances.
- Professional certifications such as ITIL, CISM, or similar.
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.