Senior Manager of CyberSecurity Service Engineering
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
This role will collaborate closely with cybersecurity experts, market leads, project managers, and Global Technology Solutions teams to ensure the reliable and efficient operation of McDonald’s security services. In addition, this role will be responsible for managing and collaborating with the support teams that handle tickets and other operational tasks for McDonald’s security services. This person will work closely with others in Global Technology Risk Management and other areas of Global Technology to ensure that our services are meeting the needs of markets, application teams, and other stakeholders.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
McDonald’s, one of the most recognized brands in the world, is seeking a Senior Manager of CyberSecurity Service Engineering to support our CyberSecurity team as we protect McDonald’s. You will collaborate closely with Global Technology leadership, market leaders, project managers, Global Technology solutions teams, application owners, key vendors, and others to ensure McDonald’s has world class CyberSecurity products and services.
This role will lead a team responsible for developing new CyberSecurity services and enhancing existing services to meet the increasing needs for protecting our users, devices, networks, applications, and data. This person will work closely with all areas of the business and technology teams to ensure that our services are meeting the needs of markets, application teams, corporate departments, and other partners.
McDonald’s is investing heavily in technology to drive our growth. We’re looking at how to use technology to improve the customer experience and build new customer experiences. We’re also exploring technologies that can help us reduce or eliminate repetitive tasks and make employees’ jobs more exciting and rewarding. With all the new projects and initiatives, it is an exciting time to be on the CyberSecurity team, helping to make a safer and Better McDonald's!
- Assess the strategic and practical needs of McDonald’s globally to and help ensure that the company has extraordinary CyberSecurity products and services that meets the needs of the business.
- Work with vendors to ensure that CyberSecurity services are designed to maintain high availability and resiliency at all times.
- Provide input to a roadmap of proposed future updates and enhancements to the CyberSecurity platform and help socialize with key partners.
- Work with multi-functional teams to identify and implement ways to improve the ease of use, security, and operational stability of CyberSecurity systems.
- Perform functions promptly and with an acute level of attention to detail, urgency, and thoroughness.
- Drive strategic improvement projects within CyberSecurity Service Engineering and measure their impact. (Continuous improvement methodology).
- Ensure security policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines are followed.
- Manage and mentor direct reports and team members on projects. Identify developmental needs of direct reports and develop suggestions to address those needs. Schedules work, assigns responsibility, and delegates authority for assigned projects.
- Oversee service manager work efforts and service performance. Act as the main point of escalation for service mangers.
- Analyze complex engineering issues, resolve their cause and impact on the business, and identify the corrective action needed to eliminate and prevent the events in the future.
- Help develop and implement appropriate policies, SOPs, training, and guidelines for managing services.
- Provide input into the department’s annual budget and provide input into future funding of projects to improve CyberSecurity services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, CyberSecurity, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of Sr. Manager experience with a background in building or operating security services.
- Experience handling 3rd party vendors and service providers
- Experienced in designing, developing, and operating complex CyberSecurity products and services.
- Awareness and understanding of industry best practices and trends.
- Familiarity with complex multinational companies and distributed business models.
- Highly organized, detailed oriented, technically minded, and has an ownership mindset.
- Experience and willingness to lead a 24x7x365 team.
- Self start and learn quickly on the job with minimal training.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.