Senior Manager, Media & Retail Planning
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Senior Manager, Media & Retail Planning
Position band: Management/Advisory (Global Grade 4)
Reports to: Director, Media and Channel Strategy
Type of position: Full-time, permanent
The Senior Manager, Media & Retail Planning is responsible for leading the media vision and strategic priorities, working in close partnership with our media agency; with a focus on maximizing the integration of media planning into the calendar planning process, driving media innovation, and leading media evolution towards digital/1st party data. The Senior Manager will also lead Retail Business Strategy & National plan inclusive of the Customer Journey, and management of National Retail Fund.
Who you are
You have the ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external parties. You love to solve problems and can think critically to make the right decisions. You have strong organizational and planning skills to move the company forward and make an impact on strategic initiatives. You are a change agent, with strong communication skills who can effectively support our system in a fast paced and agile environment.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on strategic initiatives.
Media planning and performance
- Build trust and strong relationships with Media agency partner and ROMI partner.
- Optimize and evolve the total McDonald’s Canada media vision
- Participate and contribute to the McDonald’s Global Media Council to share and learn best practices with global markets
- Oversee media & production budget allocation and performance.
- Drive media innovation, with a focus on unlocking customer data and segmentation to deepen guest engagement and media investments efficiencies.
- Partner with Consumer & Business Insights, Marketing Finance, Marketing Category teams, media agency teams and ROMI external partners to advance marketing performance measurement for holistic plan and individual marketing campaign programs
- Contribute to the organization of how Media & Retail measurement supports total McDonald’s business learnings and optimizations
- Accountable for overall retail marketing management to meet sales and brand goals.
- Transforms system processes for the future (digital first) including driving simplification, and gaining efficiencies.
- Partner management for national retail agencies & suppliers.
- Demonstrated experience in Marketing Planning, Media, Digital Marketing and/or CRM.
- Expertise in retail experience inclusive of customer journey, strategic planning across multiple channels
- Experience in the Quick-Service-Restaurant (QSR), retail and/or financial industry is considered a bonus
- Budget management experience
- Knowledge: strong knowledge of traditional media (TV, OOH, and radio)
- Customer-centric: customer minded with a strong understanding of consumer media habits and consumption
- Technology: Experience with data measurement tools and platforms; experience segmentation, regression modeling, decision trees and media mix modeling an asset
- People skills: experience mobilizing multiple teams from an Enterprise level
- Analytical: Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate the differentiation between Media KPI’s and Business KPI’s.
- Curiosity: out-of-the-box thinker comfortable with experimenting paired with the initiative to follow up and report on results, continually evolving best practices
- Flexibility: ability to work in fast-paced agile environment with the ability to adapt to changing priority
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4686R_743999906529003