Senior Manager - Financial Reporting Controllership
McDonald's is the largest family restaurant in the world, serving approximately 69 million customers across 36,000 restaurants a day; in more than 100 countries. The UK & Ireland market is one of the most successful entities across the wider business, serving on average 4 million people a day. It has operated in Ireland since 1977 and the business is growing continuously with over 90 restaurants and over 4,000 employees.
McDonald’s UK & Ireland has a consistent record of investing in the development of its employees and offering flexibility as part of its commitment to being a modern and progressive company. Every year it invests over £40 million in developing people, giving every one of its employees the opportunity to take part in structured training.
We're a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the planet by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Company Vision and Culture
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and, in the UK, and Ireland we are working hard to be the UK & Irelands best-loved restaurant company.
McDonald’s is defined by its culture. Our culture shapes and informs everything we think and everything we do. Our culture influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with customers, franchisees and suppliers. Our culture motivates and inspires us to attract and retain great talent, creating positive, energising, exceptional working environment for us all.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better togetherJob Description:
Are you ready to work at one of the most valuable and iconic brands in the world? Do you love fast-paced environments, always looking to improve and have a passion for continuous learning? Are you passionate about accounting and people, enjoy leading a team to deliver and develop value?
You will lead the UK & Ireland’s financial and treasury systems, as a key strategic advisor driving business growth and upholding UK GAAP and US GAAP standards and practices.
What will my key accountabilities be?
- You will have responsibility, as Senior Accounting Officer for the UK and Ireland Companies, for the integrity and timely delivery of regulatory and statutory reporting of all our UK entities under UK GAAP and Irish entity under Irish GAAP and internal reporting under US GAAP
- Have responsibility for the period-end close activities and deliverables, collaborating cross-functionality & with business partners and the Corporate Controller Group
- You will have ownership of the relationships with auditors, and for pensions, insurance, banking and consumer payments
- Proactive and engaging leadership, leading and serving on various committees, to play a key role in formulating, driving and understanding the key strategies which will drive our incremental, long-term sales growth and profitability
- Leading the development and implementation of effective internal controls, Finance & Accounting practices in accordance with local and US standards/Sarbanes Oxley delivering a robust controls environment.
- Establish strategies to identify process deficiencies, enable improvements, monitor and report on compliance in order to mitigate business risk.
- Provide expert guidance and challenge as part of business case appraisal for all UK & Ireland initiatives, investments and costs
- Act as a mentor and coach, supporting development and creating an inclusive environment with robust talent pipeline.
- Support in the design and implementation of cloud ERP, global finance and transformation projects
- Participate on cross-functional teams as assigned by Senior Leadership, including presenting to and providing regular business updates across the McDonald’s community
- Drive Continuous Improvement and Automation strategy to get better together.
- Cultivate a team of high performance/high potential individuals. Developing skills and capabilities to deliver in-scope services and plan for future opportunities, automation and elevating experience.
What team will I be a part of?
GBS (Global Business Services) Finance Team
Who will my customers be?
This role will include working with and building relationships across;
- Finance Teams & GBS Colleagues (Local and Global)
- Corporate Controller Group (CCG) Finance Transformation
- Internal & External Audit
- 3rd party organisations in automation development
- Key Departments: Business Strategy, Legal, Franchising, IT/Digital, Delivery & Operations
- Banks & Other finance/government/taxation organisations
- You are detail orientated and able to thrive in an agile, fast paced business
- You have a trusted leadership approach - demonstrate resilience, curiosity and actively coach and encourage individual and team development. Lead critical conversations with confidence
- Delivers influential and engaging storytelling at all levels of an organisation
- Thinks with a growth mind-set and is a continuous learner, bringing external insight and leading practice to augment local and global business practices.
- Ability to prioritise and focus on what is important for people, customers and the business
- Experience in a similar role, having in-depth knowledge and technical expertise in Finance & Accounting / Team & Business Management
- Qualified Accountant - ICAEW/ACCA/ICAS
- Prior experience in US GAAP and US international companies is preferred
- A background in Public Accounting, Audit Practice would be desirable
- Tech Savvy - Proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, Cloud/Collaboration technologies
At McDonald’s we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do, and they make the McDonald’s experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers. We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers gives us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonald’s or elsewhere."
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4114H_743999871460681