Senior Manager - Enterprise Architect
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru and Development). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
As a member of the global enterprise architecture team, the Sr. Enterprise Architect will play a key role in defining enterprise architecture strategy, north star capability and architecture blueprints, architecture standards, and driving holistic execution and realization of the architecture vision.
- In close collaboration with business and product partners, define and evolve north star architecture strategy for key business and/or transformation domains, such as customer engagement/personalization, supply chain, restaurant technology transformation, ESG, etc.
- Apply our capability modeling framework and domain-driven design principles in defining the to-be state architecture, capability domain boundaries and evolution strategy.
- Turn vision/strategy or complex business challenge into actionable recommendations by applying value and impact mapping methodologies to drive towards a value and outcome-driven portfolio management model.
- Provide architecture oversight and guidance at the enterprise level across relevant technology organizations, product teams, program management, to ensure actual and intended capabilities evolutions are accountable to each other, and overall enterprise-level goals are achieved.
- Support high-priority, high-complexity, in-depth technical assessments or analysis for select high-stakes initiatives with defined outcomes.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in hands-on software design, development, and integration of complex systems; with at least 3+ years in leading architecture/design roles for large-scale complex systems and problem solving.
- Strong analytical and architectural modeling skills. Well-Versed in key architecture concepts and principles, including DDD, microservices, REST APIs, viewpoints and perspectives, etc.
- Experience with all facets of architecture and engineering including application development, data platforms, infrastructure, and deployment. Experience delivering large-scale cloud-native solutions.
- Exposure to an enterprise level, global technology landscape and a proven ability to establish standards and define future roadmaps for a global company.
- Ability to partner with business and technology stakeholders to define and communicate values and outcome of new or evolving capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in large enterprise digital transformation.
- Systems thinker.
- Ability to analyze complex problems from technology, business model and process, as well as organizational lens.
- Ability to manage ad hoc demands along with organizational priorities and set realistic expectations.
- A self-initiated influencer, and strong stakeholder management.
- Capable of working with technology and business leadership to align technical roadmaps to key business strategies and goals.
- Demonstrable ability to coordinate multi-functional teams of IT professionals, business executives, and other key partners towards common goals and objectives.
- Familiar with modern product management and engineering methodologies.
- Prior architecture experience in retail or restaurant industry, or domain expertise in specific business functional areas such as supply chain, HR, MarTech, etc.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.