Senior Manager, - Data & Analytics
McDonald’s evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first, and uses our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the meaningful role technology plays as the leading, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technology, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day.
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of cutting-edge opportunities for the business. At McDonald’s you get to solve technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always eager for a challenge. This provides access to exciting career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to be a Senior Manager within the Global Data & Analytics team. The Senior Manager would own multiple products within the Global Data & Analytics team. This role is responsible for prioritizing multiple product backlogs, balancing new features and requests across teams and coordinating deployments with other Product Owners in the Data & Analytics team. You will also incorporate input from others to create the product roadmap. The Senior Manager requires the experience or proven aptitude to develop detailed domain knowledge of multiple products. The Senior Manager oversees what work goes to development squads as the lead technology business representative and decision-maker, working in tandem with the product team.
1. Product knowledge and strategy for the future - Technical and business understanding
a) MASTERY OF YOUR PRODUCT
- Serve as an expert going deep on how your products work. Understand the data ingest, transform, load, table structures -both inbound and outbound
- Understand the technical components of your products and be able to identify key stakeholders
- Recognize product performance from an end-user standpoint including data quality, responsiveness, reliability, etc.
- Be able to engage in a conversation on all facets of your products, and require others’ input only to go particularly deep
b) MASTERY OF THE TECHNOLOGY INVOLVED IN YOUR PRODUCT
- Be able to engage in discussions regarding whether your product is using the right solutions, and always looking forward to continuously evolve and improve
- Be able to understand the issues involved in major decisions and provide feedback on architecture
c) MASTERY OF THE INNOVATIONS IN YOUR PRODUCT
- Form and constantly update a viewpoint on how your product fits into the broader domain
- Constantly re-evaluate how your product and architecture are delivering value to the customer/end user/etc. and pivot as needed
2. Stakeholdering / Customer Obsession - Keeping customers top of mind
a) OWN THE PRODUCT ROADMAPS
- Continually manage the product roadmaps to support product vision and to deliver on key business priorities
- Map the product roadmaps to a single product release plan and provide visibility to markets and other business stakeholders
- Maintain documentation of product roadmap and provide visibility to the markets and other business stakeholders
b) BE CUSTOMER OBSESSED - ENSURE YOUR PRODUCTS ARE WORKING WELL AND EVOLVING APPROPRIATELY
- Ensure features are built for global functions and markets
- Conduct business acceptance of features and epics according to the definition of done
- Conduct regular end-user product feedback sessions and enhance products accordingly
- Be an advocate for the end-user experience
- Leverage your team to ensure these aspects are being accounted for
3. Collaboration Capability - Working with others across the organization
a) BE THE CATALYST FOR COLLABORATION
- Join forces with other Product Managers across the organization to ensure alignment and coordination across products as necessary for multi-product work and initiatives
- Partner with Initiative Leads & Stakeholders to maximize value delivery
b) OWN THE PRODUCT BACKLOGS
- Participate in Intake Product Triage and decompose ideation tickets into Epics & Features with the help of the BTA, Project managers and deployment managers
- Prioritize the product backlog for all products
4. Capacity and Resource Management - Managing your product team
a) MANAGE CAPACITY AND DEMAND FOR TEAM
- Manage allocated resource and capacity including development, market enablement, bug resolution, and testing and reevaluate based on prioritized roadmap
- Leveraging the product roadmap and release plan, provide capacity forecasting to Demand Management so they can engage third parties in advance when additional support or capacity is required
- Guide work through McDonald’s Demand Management Process
- 7+ years working with data and analytics products
- 5+ years of product management or similar experience, especially with business intelligence products in the enterprise space
- 5+ years of cloud-based data platforms (both batch and real-time)
- Extensive experience with data devOps and data reliability
- Skilled at defining and prioritizing product opportunities, building feedback loops, and creating product metrics
- Experience working with the Agile methodology
- Experience working with and managing a large professional services partner with on and offshore resources
- Experience as a people manager including coaching and performance management
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
- Ability to interact with customers at a variety of levels and across function
- 5+ years of SQL experience on large complex data sets is strongly preferred
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.