Senior Manager, Cybersecurity Service Deployment
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale.Job Description:
McDonald’s, one of the most recognized brands in the world, is seeking a Senior Manager of Cybersecurity Service Deployment to support our Cybersecurity team as we protect McDonald’s. You will collaborate closely with Global Technology leadership, market leaders, application owners, project managers, Global Technology solutions teams, key vendors, and others to deploy McDonald’s Cybersecurity products and services. This role will be responsible for developing the teams that deploy Cybersecurity services to protect our users, devices, networks, applications, and data. This person will work closely with others in Global Technology Risk Management and other areas of Global Technology to ensure that our services are meeting the needs of markets, application teams, corporate departments, and other partners.
McDonald’s is investing heavily in technology to drive our growth. We’re looking at how to use technology to improve the customer experience and build new customer experiences. We’re also exploring technologies that can help us reduce or eliminate repetitive tasks and make employees’ jobs more exciting and rewarding. With all the new projects and initiatives, it is an exciting time to be on the cybersecurity team, helping to make a safer and Better McDonald's!
The role at a glance:
Global Technology Risk Management (GTRM) is the team that is ultimately responsible for securing of McDonald’s information assets at a global level. This role will directly lead the group within GTRM that is responsible for deploying Cybersecurity services. This includes critical identity, access, network, endpoint and application security services essential to the functioning of McDonald’s at all levels. The Cybersecurity deployment team is composed of several McDonald’s employees as well as multiple vendors, each responsible for the deployment of Cybersecurity services.
The Senior Manager of Cybersecurity Service Deployment will lead a team of global professionals and will work with partners globally to oversee the day-to-day tactical deployment of Cybersecurity services. The position must define the strategy and direction for those performing these daily activities and clear expectations, goals, and requirements that must be obtained as a measure of success. This position will work closely with market technology teams, Cybersecurity Service Engineering teams, application owners, key vendors and others to deploy Cybersecurity services throughout the organization.
- Ensure the successful deployment of premier Cybersecurity services by partnering with our key vendors.
- Operate a program that helps ensure that Cybersecurity services are being deployed efficiently and effectively.
- Maintain and communicate deployment schedules for all Cybersecurity services.
- Work with multi-functional teams to identify and implement ways to reduce support tickets and improve service deployment.
- Perform functions promptly and with an acute level of attention to detail, vitality, and thoroughness.
- Drive strategic improvement projects within Cybersecurity services and measure their impact (Continuous improvement methodology).
- Ensure security policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines are followed.
- Identifies developmental needs of direct reports and develops suggestions to address those needs. Acts as a mentor to team members on projects and provides on-the-job training. Schedules work, assigns responsibility, and delegates authority for assigned projects.
- Work with engineering teams to ensure deployment processes are taken into account as services are created, enhanced, and updated.
- Ensure vendors follow appropriate policies, SOPs, training, and guidelines for deploying services.
- Provide input into the department’s annual budget and make recommendations for projects to improve deployment activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Cybersecurity or other related fields.
- 5+ years of experience of management (Sr. Manager or Manager) experience with a background in building, operating, or deploying security services.
- Experience managing 3rd party vendors and service providers.
- Experienced in ITIL or other service management framework.
- Familiarity with complex multinational companies and distributed business models.
- Experience and willingness to work with global teams.
- Ability to interpret and understand business needs and convey such issues to operations and support teams.
- Proficient in technical writing and demonstrating various creative mechanisms to communicate to diverse audiences.
- Professional certifications such as ITIL, CISM, CISSP, or similar.
Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.Additional Information:
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.