Senior Global Tax Planning Analyst
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
Based out of our global headquarters in the West Loop of Chicago, the Senior Global Tax Planning Analyst will support Tax Managers and Directors with respect to various business and tax initiatives, with a heavy focus on issues related to international tax. These initiatives may include cash repatriation, reorganization, and/or other strategies to align tax with the business operations and support the Company’s overall business objectives.
- Assist with tax planning strategies
- Research complex tax issues to validate recommendations regarding US, non-US, and cross-border business transactions, including identification of the tax characterization of the given transactions
- Understand US international tax implications (e.g., GILTI, FDII, BEAT and FTC implications)
- Coordinate with local markets and advisors to identify non-US tax implications
- Identify withholding tax/treaty issues, including tracking of withholding taxes on cross border transactions
- Coordinate with Tax Accounting and Compliance group to ensure awareness of changes in tax law and/or circumstances that impact tax accounting and compliance efforts
- Analyze ownership characteristics, tax basis, and other relevant U.S. and non-U.S. tax attributes of stock/assets held for disposition
- Prepare step plans, memorandums, work plans, models, and other relevant documentation supporting recommendations to management for execution of transactions in a tax efficient manner
- Participate in the development of tax-efficient cash repatriation strategies in coordination with the Corporate Treasury function
- Work with planning team to model impact of tax-planning ideas and provide tax technical advice on business transactions
- Prepare internal calculations, workpapers and memorandums to capture and document relevant transactions for interim and annual financial statement reporting and to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley/FIN 48
- Help support local market finance teams with non-US tax audits
- Work cross-functionally with treasury, accounting, compliance, local markets, and external advisors on proposed tax changes and assist with advising and implementing strategies to mitigate negative tax impacts
- Assist with the designing and maintaining structures for tax efficient transfers of cash between jurisdictions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of experience in tax consulting, planning or compliance
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong technology skills to assist with tax modeling and scenario planning
- Experience with international tax laws, rules / regulations, and various indirect tax laws, rules / regulations
- Strong understanding of U.S. international tax laws and regulations, including Subpart F, GILTI, FDII, Section 965, foreign tax credits, and allocation and apportionment of expenses
- Background in US GAAP and/or IFRS reporting for a global multi-national company, including internal controls / Sarbanes Oxley 404 rules
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively within a team environment and partner well with people at all levels within the organization
- Detail-oriented individual who is self-motivated and takes ownership of projects and can work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to extract, analyze, and review data and make appropriate recommendations
- Experience in a large corporate and/or public accounting environment, with experience in international tax role
- CPA certification, Master’s Degree in Taxation, JD / LL.M. (taxation) is preferred
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4567Z_743999903157353