Senior Finance Coordinator
McDonald's is the largest family restaurant in the world, serving approximately 69 million customers across 36,000 restaurants a day: in more than 100 countries. The UK & Ireland market is one of the most successful entities across the wider business, serving on average 4 million people a day. It has operated in UK since 1974 and the business is growing continuously with more than 1,400 restaurants and over 154,000 employees.
McDonald’s UK & Ireland has a proven track record of investing in the development of its employees and offering flexibility as part of its dedication to being a modern and progressive company. Every year, it invests over £40 million in developing people, giving every one of its employees the opportunity to take part in structured training.
McDonald’s buys ingredients from over 17,500 British and Irish farmers and spends over £1.1billion annually on its food and packaging requirements. McDonald’s is committed to supporting British and Irish farmers to ensure it can continue to source many of its ingredients from the UK and Ireland.
McDonald’s is a market leader in its field, striving for the highest standard of quality, speed and restaurant experience. Re-generation of our restaurant infrastructure, covering digital ordering, re-imaging and dual-point service make working at McDonald’s more exciting than ever!
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
We're a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand in the world by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel-good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
Company Vision and Culture
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and, in the UK, and Ireland we are working hard to be the UK & Irelands best-loved restaurant company.
McDonald’s is defined by its culture. Our culture shapes and informs everything we think and everything we do. Our culture influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with customers, franchisees and suppliers. Our culture motivates and inspires us to attract and retain great talent, creating positive, energising, exceptional working environment for us all.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better togetherJob Description:
We are looking for a highly motivated and agile GBS Finance Senior Coordinator to be responsible for providing support and guidance to McDonald’s Franchisees, departments and suppliers on all finance and accounting matters relating to the accuracy and completeness of the UK & Ireland entities financial statements. Furthermore, to show curiosity and a learning orientation that develops their technical skills and brings process improvement to fruition in an efficient and effective manner, elevating customer experience.
What will my accountabilities be?
- Effectively carry out all transactional accounting and financial reporting duties associated with the Franchisees Finance & Accounting relationship with McDonald’s.
- Prepares, records, verifies, analyses and reports accounts receivable transactions, and posts customer payments on a timely basis
- Maintains and reconciles accounts receivable ledger accounts, financial statements and reports
- Responsible for customer billing, debtor receipts, including preparation, delivery and responding to resulting queries
- Build and nurture relationships with Franchisees, their Finance teams, Operations, Suppliers and Office colleagues to provide a valuable network of contacts to assist speedy and agreeable query resolutions
- Review business processes, gathering information to recommend and develop improvements and efficiency savings whilst ensuring that control compliance and data integrity are preserved.
- Utilise automation solutions, advanced Excel functionality, system tools and macros to streamline processes and remove manual touch points.
- Create and develop technical solutions that improve efficiency and effectiveness of GBS Finance procedures.
- Document newly implemented internal enhancements; update SOPs, prepare training materials and other documents as relevant.
- Detect anomalies in data, and provide recommendations for exception resolution that is aligned to policies and enables robust insight
- Deliver proactivity and a high standard of customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Contribute to achieving the overall department’s goals by continuously striving towards achieving the SLA’s of your team
- Provides clear guidance on compliance to procedures and processes with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate great business partnership and seek to engage key stakeholders in initiatives to validate and gain their support for change.
Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Delivers quality and thoughtful training for any new starters or existing colleagues as requested.
- Proactively shares input and feedback to enhance and evolve work processes.
- Maintains and updates procedures and documentation to assist with any training needs.
- Use CI methods to determine value-add solutions that improve customer experience and efficiency and effectiveness of GBS Finance procedures.
- Defines Career ambitions and identifies objectives and development goals, completes documentation to support Performance Motivation outcomes.
- Maintain daily and weekly metrics, summarising on a performance scorecard of results for Management review.
- Demonstrate absolute diligence to ensure integrity and accuracy of inputs and financial data
- Learn and apply the company policies and procedures. Understand their relevance and uphold the importance of internal controls.
What Team will I be a part?
GBS (Global Business Services) Finance Team
As part of its mission to ‘make a better McDonald’s’, GBS is accelerating the delivery of its vision and strategy by employing 3 ‘game changers’: Customer Experience, Continuous Improvement and Intelligent Automation. This is with the aim to deliver incremental value over and above traditional cost reduction by focussing on driving the delivery of better business outcomes.
Who are my customers?
This role will include working with and building relationships across;
- GBS Colleagues (Local and Global)
- Key Departments; Market Finance, IT, Franchising, Operations, Technology, Learning & Development
- Suppliers & Legal Firms
- 3rd Party Organisations in Automation Development
- Banks & Other Finance Organisations
What background do I need to have?
- Computer Literate- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and interest in Cloud/Web tech.
- Good communication skills- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences and professionally
- Customer Obsessed - ability to listen to and respond to customer feedback, ensuring our services deliver value: quality at the right time, first time.
- Basic knowledge in Finance & Accounting
- Proven interpersonal skills - Ability to connect, work well with others, understand and influence another person’s perspective
- Organisational Skills - ability to work on own and prioritise tasks with others, attention to ensuring service delivery excellence.
- Continuous Learner - Actively seeks out opportunities, for breadth and depth of individual development and building better knowledge of the business.
At McDonald’s we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do, and they make the McDonald’s experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers. We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers gives us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonald’s or elsewhere."
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4609S_743999906092874