Senior Estates Surveyor
McDonald's is the largest family restaurant in the world, serving approximately 69 million customers across 36,000 restaurants a day: in more than 100 countries. The UK & Ireland market is one of the most successful entities across the wider business, serving on average 4 million people a day. It has operated in UK since 1974 and the business is growing continuously with more than 1,400 restaurants and over 154,000 employees.
McDonald’s UK & Ireland has a proven track record of investing in the development of its employees and offering flexibility as part of its dedication to being a modern and progressive company. Every year, it invests over £40 million in developing people, giving every one of its employees the opportunity to take part in structured training.
McDonald’s buys ingredients from over 17,500 British and Irish farmers and spends over £1.1billion annually on its food and packaging requirements. McDonald’s is committed to supporting British and Irish farmers to ensure it can continue to source many of its ingredients from the UK and Ireland.
McDonald’s is a market leader in its field, striving for the highest standard of quality, speed and restaurant experience. Re-generation of our restaurant infrastructure, covering digital ordering, re-imaging and dual-point service make working at McDonald’s more exciting than ever!
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
We're a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand in the world by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel-good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
Company Vision and Culture
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and, in the UK, and Ireland we are working hard to be the UK & Irelands best-loved restaurant company.
McDonald’s is defined by its culture. Our culture shapes and informs everything we think and everything we do. Our culture influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with customers, franchisees and suppliers. Our culture motivates and inspires us to attract and retain great talent, creating positive, energising, exceptional working environment for us all.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better togetherJob Description:
What is the purpose of this role?
* Implements the strategic Asset Management priorities for the department particularly in terms of cost; lease and property management
* Provides comprehensive property support and advice to the Company
* The role will include extensive travel
* Both the geographic area and those reporting to the individual may be subject to periodic change
What team will I be part of?
You will be part of the Development Team and work closely with Operations and Finance partners.
Who will my customers be?
* Works closely within the Property team reporting to the Head of Estates Manager
* Co-operates closely with the Construction Managers, Directors of Operations, Franchising, and Finance Managers
* Develops a market profile within surveying networks and outside consultants
* Develops and promotes working relationships with key internal partners including, Construction, Operations/Field Services, Finance, Franchising, alliance partners and other outside organisations
* Build positive relationships and retained agents, external suppliers, consultants and contractors
* Develops and maintains links with major landlords
What will my key accountabilities be?
* Full surveying responsibilities for a significant region and retail portfolio
* Effectively negotiates rent reviews and lease renewals as well as directs and supervises experienced external agents in the negotiation to achieve business targets
* Provides a comprehensive estate management service to our Restaurant Operations teams and Franchisees
* Effectively leads the company’s leasehold portfolio to protect the future of profitable restaurants and identifies, handles and communicates risk
* Advises on all property matters in connection with McDonald's franchising programme and efficiently negotiates lease variations to permit franchising
* Takes advantage of market opportunities including Freehold purchases, Sale & Leasebacks and other transactions to achieve financial targets
* Instructs and leads all aspects of external agents, solicitors and consultants
* Actively handles the landlord consent process with close coordination with construction team as part of extensive refurbishment programme
* Valuation of commercial retail premises including High Street, Shopping Centres and Out of Town
* Landlord and tenant advice to retailers, occupiers
* Planning and development
* Rating system
* Compulsory purchase and compensation processes
* End of lease and dilapidations processes
* Promotes effective links with other retailers and participates in retail/restaurant representative organisations for example the RICS, PMA, Accessible Retail and other industry bodies
* Member of or working towards membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
* Proven track record of the technical subject areas in a similar demanding environment
Demonstrates a self-motivated proactive approach in problem solving and think strategically, with the ability to prioritize and make good judgments in a pressurized environment.
Demonstrates McDonald's core values and a dedication to providing excellent customer service and a proactive approach to improving the performance of property assets in support of the business.
Possesses an ability to communicate strongly at all levels and to co-ordinate and lead a large range of internal and external relationships and resources including executive and senior executive level, directors of operations, agents, solicitors, local and statutory authorities, architects, project managers and building surveyors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At McDonald’s we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do, and they make the McDonald’s experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers. We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers gives us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonald’s or elsewhere."
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4237O_743999879183567