Senior Director, Product Management - Engagement
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
We’re looking for a Senior Director of Product Management - Engagement to join our McFamily! You’ll lead a team of Product Managers in our Product & Design Organization focused on one of our most strategic areas -Digital Engagement. You’ll collaborate with multiple teams within McDonald’s including Experience Design, Technology, Loyalty and Engagment & Data Analytics to drive business outcomes that continue to elevate how we market to our customers, drive engagement in our loyalty program and digital campaigns like Monopoly, and build the capability that drive the best offers and promotions to each and every customer. This role is integral to driving continuous adoption of our digital channels by making the experience rewarding and fun.
- Define a product vision and strategy globally for McDonald’s Mar-tech capabilities, and driving a portfolio of product teams to bring it to life while producing value for the system
- Develop a holistic view of the customer experience as it relates to digital marketing, promotions, loyalty, and engagement, and help solve the most valuable problems for our customers and the marketeers who want to author great experiences for them.
- Coach and develop a team of Product Managers who are passionate about the McDonald’s brand, and can help bring it to life digitally in all of our channels
- Develop relationships with Global Loyalty & Engagement, market-based marketing teams & customers to deeply understand their perspectives and pain points as you craft your strategy.
- Establish OKRs for your product to ensure teams are driving the right outcomes.
- Measure and drive product and new feature adoption in markets across the globe as well as customer sentiment
- Act as an evangelist to help your team transform into a true product model where teams are empowered to figure out the best way to deliver outcomes and are accountable for the results.
- Critically think about how teams collaborate to achieve product goals and lead efforts to improve cross-functional collaboration.
Why you’ll be successful:
- You collaborate strategically with all facets of an organization across many cross-functional teams
- You’re passionate about building product competency & cultural transformation into a true product model
- You inspire and are an effective mentor to direct reports and cross-functional teams.
- You effectively communicate your vision, ideas & plans to gain leadership alignment.
- You execute against defined objectives both tactically and strategically.
- You are passionate about driving outcomes and solving problems, versus solutions.
- You initiate emerging needs and drive from strategy to completion.
- You communicate results clearly and effectively across a matrixed organization.
- You thrive in a cross-functional world where you’re closely partnered and aligned with your operations, technology, and design counterparts, and you know how to keep everyone working together toward a common goal.
- You have empathy for the users you build for.
- You are passionate about McDonald’s and the problems we are solving.
- Experience in leading large cross-functional teams deliver digital products with measurable results
- Deep understanding of business domain: market trends, customer needs, competition and partnerships
- Experience performing product-oriented quantitative analysis
- Experience working with products that blend technology product development with a physical space
- Business strategy e.g. business case development, product portfolio prioritization, pricing, setting and tracking KPIs/OKRs
- Proven ability to influence complex organizations and can simplify ambiguity into a clear product vision and prioritized strategy
- Strong communication skills with comfort in speaking with senior stakeholders to influence change throughout McDonald’s
- Strong problem solver with ability to manage and lead the team to push the solution and progress
- Experience working in a global, preferably franchised, organization
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4763M_743999907718943