Senior Director, PMO
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
The Transformation Management Office has created a dedicated PMO support structure that will create visibility and build points of integration across all transformation efforts.
Seeking an Enterprise PMO Lead to stand up a new capability and deliver on the McDonald's transformation vision across the Consumer, Restaurant and Company platforms. This position will provide leadership, strategic direction, and management of all enterprise transformation programs across GBS, Technology and MCX. This individual will develop and uphold cross-program management governance standards and processes within the Enterprise Transformation Management Office. This role focuses on delivering enterprise-wide support, driving integration across programs and market teams, introducing and endorsing standard methodologies, and implementing appropriate tools to support the long-term transformation management.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Strategic Vision and Alignment: Be responsible for enterprise transformation to ensure alignment and delivery of the Accelerating the Arches vision across the three enterprise platforms - Consumer, Restaurant, Company. Work closely with executive leadership to seamlessly integrate programs, such as GBS, ArchOS, MCX, etc., tied to the broader organizational strategy.
- PMO Establishment and Leadership: Define, implement and evolve PMO structure under the Transformation Office, complete with leading class governance, process and tools. Assemble and lead a dynamic Enterprise PMO team, scaling throughout the multi-year transformation journey, cultivating a culture that values collaboration, accountability, and continuous improvement.
- Portfolio Management: Drive visibility, integration and execution of transformation portfolio. Engage with key partners, including global, segment and market leadership to secure alignment and support for critical initiatives. Partner with the Value Realization Office to articulate the value proposition, align on KPIs, assess performance against the business case, shape investment profile and secure funding as needed. Partner with Change Management & Comms teams to cultivate consensus across the organization and effectively communicate progress and key changes throughout the transformation.
- Roadmap & Market Management: Be responsible for integration of market roadmaps and ongoing change control to ensure limited deviation from plans and business cases. Establish and implement robust processes for monitoring and supervising integrated roadmap progress, ensuring timely achievement of milestones. Facilitate horizontal coordination among program teams to promote a shared understanding of interdependencies. Continuously evaluate and refine the roadmap, adapting plans to accommodate changing priorities, resources, or external factors.
- 15+ years experience with proven experience in project management of large scale, global, multi-year transformations.
- Project Mngt. Professional (PMP®) Certified.
- Experience using project management tools, technology and workflows.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, HR, Data & Analytics, IT, or related field.
- Ability to lead people and partner with team members in a sophisticated, multinational setting.
- Strong communication, prioritization and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and lead multiple tasks simultaneously.
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.