Senior Director, Global Technical Resourcing Optimization
McDonald’s evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first, and uses our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the meaningful role technology plays as the leading, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technology, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day.
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of cutting-edge opportunities for the business. At McDonald’s you get to solve technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always eager for a challenge. This provides access to exciting career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Commercial Product & Platform where our vision is to develop technology that delight our customers and enable our crews to operate our restaurants reliably and effectively.
The Sr Director, Global Technical Resourcing Optimization role will report to the SVP of Commercial Products and Platforms and will be responsible for leading Global Technology’s strategic thinking, design, planning, implementation and maintenance of our overall technical resourcing strategy. This includes insourcing vs. outsourcing, on-shore vs. near-shore vs. off-shore, and our overall global location strategy which includes building new technical capability centers around the world.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Establishing the baseline needs and talent requirements for Technical Resourcing across all of Global Technology
- Formulating the overall GT strategy for technical resourcing including:
- Evaluating site, country/market, region/segment options and opportunities
- Defining insource vs. outsource mix
- Defining on-shore vs. near-shore vs. off-shore mix by tower
- Influencing and aligning with various HR and Tech leaders on finding the appropriate balance and mix of technical resources around the world with an eye on optimal productivity. This leading to recommendations to the SVP and CIO
- Defining the "art of the possible" around technical resourcing - matching supply and demand in creative ways
- Develop the detailed business/value case around the recommended technical resourcing strategy (including implications on vendor strategy)
- Collaborate with the tech leaders, VMO and scaled services teams on establishing plans for the new capability centers and seeing them through to full productivity
- Collaborate with HR and talent acquisition teams to develop effective recruitment and onboarding strategies for technology roles.
- Establish metrics and reporting mechanisms to track and analyze technology resource utilization, productivity, and performance.
- Experience with technology strategy development including resourcing
- Experience in establishing delivery centers/ capability centers for large global organizations
- Knowledge of global locations- ideally someone with experience in countries with capability centers
- Ability to influence the organization to coalesce around a strategy; offering expertise and solutions that may be new to team members
- Experience with developing technical resourcing business/value cases with evidenced productivity improvements
- Experience with owning the overall messaging and communications around deploying a technical resourcing strategy for a global company
- Working knowledge of the implications and challenges around setting up global centers (eg operating models, tax implications, legal, real estate etc)
- Experience building trading companies or multi-country legal entity structures for technology or shared services is a plus
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4794O_743999907892473
- Business Development