Senior Data Technical Analyst
McDonald’s evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first, and uses our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the meaningful role technology plays as the leading, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technology, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day.
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of cutting-edge opportunities for the business. At McDonald’s you get to solve technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always eager for a challenge. This provides access to exciting career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
We are looking for a Senior Data Technical Analyst with hands-on experience that can partner with our business teams to create and implement technically sound business solutions. These solutions will enable and support our effort to enhance every facet of our digital interactions with our customers. This role is based in Chicago, IL.
- Lead requirements gathering process and participate in discovery workshops
- Create and enforce best business practices and processes across the entire team of Business Analysts in C360
- Participate in Solutioning sessions with various product teams and ensure that any impacts to our Data products are identified and documented appropriately
- Lead project meetings with business stakeholders to ensure understanding of requirements, timing, and resource needs
- Create and maintain User Stories in JIRA and participate in agile scrum ceremonies
- Maintain expert-level knowledge of McDonald’s customer data ecosystem and of the key business processes and systems that enable it
- Identify integration, alignment, and improvement opportunities
- Support developers by providing functional clarifications and setting development expectations with internal C360 team and other McDonald’s digital and data product teams · Oversee planning and execution of test plans and test cases; ensure overall quality of solutions
- Effectively analyze and prioritize high impact initiatives
- Engage with customers, partners, and internal stakeholders to understand the primary use cases
- Author and create design artifacts such as: Functional design specifications, source-to-target data mapping and process and data flow diagrams
- Work with on-shore and off-shore development teams
- Coach and support other business analysts on the team and provide thought leadership in the requirements gathering process across the multiple functional areas that impact C360
- · Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 3-5 years experience as a Technical Business Analyst or equivalent role
- Working knowledge of cloud-based data systems
- Experience gathering and documenting business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development and data modeling
- Experience working on an Agile Development team and working with Agile/Scrum management tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Experienced working with Marketing automation tools and event-driven architecture.
- Strong knowledge of data Extraction Transformation and Load (ETL)
- Strong understanding of application integration and API connectivity.
- Ability to perform data analysis, running complex SQL queries from various databases on large complex data sets
- Experience with and/or working knowledge of data warehouse (Redshift, Databricks, Snowflake, or similar) and data integration (Talend or similar) technologies
- Skilled at defining and prioritizing product opportunities, building feedback loops, and creating product metrics
- Experience working with a large managed services partner with on and off-shore resources
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
- Ability to interact with stakeholders/end users at a variety of levels and across function
- CRM or Loyalty experience is not required but will be a plus
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.