Senior Data Analyst - Data & Analytics
McDonald's evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first and demonstrates our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the critical role technology plays as the best-in-class, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technologies, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day!
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of innovation specialists who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of groundbreaking opportunities for the business. We take on technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge! This provides access to compelling career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, innovative headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites.Job Description:
The MCD Global Data & Analytics team has an exciting opportunity for Sr. Data Analyst- Data Accessibility. With supervision this position will be responsible for both defining and maturing metrics/reports/dashboards to drive data accessibility within the organization. Namely generating reports and operating models/processes to aid data products team to understand how their data is used and ensure proper adoption of product globally. Bridges the gap between the business customer and the technology solution providers by translating business needs to technical solutions throughout the lifecycle of the product. Coordinates and/or implements plans to ensure that technical solutions meet the needs of key collaborators.
Partner with product team leads to clearly define success metrics and ensure that measurement is in place to measure that success. Responsibilities include working with domains leads to define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other metrics for Data Governance, producing metrics dashboards from that data using visualization tools including Tableau and Excel, and identifying and interpreting data trends and providing actionable insights based on data.
This individual will support the Data Governance and Management Community by ensuring data assets have clear owners held accountable for the quality, accessibility, and usage of the data. This individual is responsible for communicating data application and system risks across various data topics, support Data Usage/Accessibility Management operations by enabling data product teams to use data statistics to drive decision making.
- Work multi-functionally with product, engineering, design, and marketing teams to build world-class products and design hypothesis-driven experiments; make clear, coherent and holistic recommendations based on test results
- Leverage Objective & Key Results framework to identify product metrics and monitor product performance through dashboards and ad hoc analysis
- Present findings and recommendations to senior-level/non-technical collaborators
- Elicits business requirements and specifications from domain leads and other business partners
- Collects and organizes data and information from a variety of sources
- Establishes KPIs and measures of success
- Develops reports and dashboards to accurately monitor data quality and governance
- Extracts and writes queries to underlying databases
- Conveys complex data via visual techniques to succinctly communicate for decision-making and storytelling
- Designs, develops and deploys dynamic & interactive dashboards, operational scorecards, ad hoc and canned reports based on requirements and using Business Intelligence tools and solutions.
- BS in Computer Science or related field is REQUIRED
- Data driven attitude with experience in a quantitative subject area
- Fluent in SQL, Excel, and visualization tools such as Tableau or Qlikview; experience with a statistical programming language (e.g., R, Python) and/or web analytics tools (e.g., Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics) required
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience in analyzing large, multi-dimensional data sets and synthesizing data insights into actionable recommendations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to influence multi-functional teams
- Ability to communicate effectively with business users and understand their requirements
- Self-motivated with ability to set priorities and mentor others in a performance driven environment
- Knowledge or experience with Agile, Lean, Six Sigma and/or demonstrated process improvement expertise a plus
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.