Senior Construction Project Manager
McDonald's is the largest family restaurant in the world, serving approximately 69 million customers across 36,000 restaurants a day: in more than 100 countries. The UK & Ireland market is one of the most successful entities across the wider business, serving on average 4 million people a day. It has operated in UK since 1974 and the business is growing continuously with more than 1,400 restaurants and over 154,000 employees.
McDonald’s UK & Ireland has a proven track record of investing in the development of its employees and offering flexibility as part of its dedication to being a modern and progressive company. Every year, it invests over £40 million in developing people, giving every one of its employees the opportunity to take part in structured training.
McDonald’s buys ingredients from over 17,500 British and Irish farmers and spends over £1.1billion annually on its food and packaging requirements. McDonald’s is committed to supporting British and Irish farmers to ensure it can continue to source many of its ingredients from the UK and Ireland.
McDonald’s is a market leader in its field, striving for the highest standard of quality, speed and restaurant experience. Re-generation of our restaurant infrastructure, covering digital ordering, re-imaging and dual-point service make working at McDonald’s more exciting than ever!
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
We're a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand in the world by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel-good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
Company Vision and Culture
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and, in the UK, and Ireland we are working hard to be the UK & Irelands best-loved restaurant company.
McDonald’s is defined by its culture. Our culture shapes and informs everything we think and everything we do. Our culture influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with customers, franchisees and suppliers. Our culture motivates and inspires us to attract and retain great talent, creating positive, energising, exceptional working environment for us all.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better togetherJob Description:
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced project manager to join our Construction Team as a Senior Project Manager. We are looking for a hardworking and ambitious individual to join our dynamic team managing construction projects for one of the most valuable and iconic brands in the world.
You will provide construction knowledge and expertise, leadership, direction, supervision and administration in the planning, design and execution of:
- Development of new restaurants construction
- Closure or relocation of existing restaurants
- Capital reinvestment projects in existing restaurants
- Major maintenance works in existing restaurants
What will my accountabilities be?
- Provide planning and leadership of major capital expenditure projects.
- Inspect and evaluate potential development sites or existing restaurants, gather and assess information on factors likely to affect development or reinvestment.
- Clearly communicate project programmes and ensures delivery.
- Work closely with and direct external consultants as well as internal departments to secure Planning and other necessary consents/approvals.
- Direct, co-ordinate and supervise all aspects of detailed design work.
- Direct, co-ordinate and supervise ordering and procurement.
- Monitors and directs on-site construction works.
- Provides clear compliance with relevant Planning and Construction legislation.
- Ensures compliance with McDonald’s standards, policies and specifications.
- Report on and control project costs within agreed budgets.
- Provides clear leadership role and liaison with Franchisee’s and Operations colleagues.
- Settlement of financial accounts for both Franchisee and company construction projects.
- Management responsibilities for Assistant Project Managers / Administrative Team
What team will I be part of?
You will be a part of the Construction Team which sits within the wider Development Department.
Who will my customers be?
- Contact & liaison with Operations management, Franchisee’s and other internal departments.
- External stakeholders, such as local authority Planning departments, landowners, developers, residents, utility companies.
- Project Management Experience
- Member of relevant professional institute - RICS/CIOB/APM
- Excellent project management skills.
- People management skills.
- Time management
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Clear strength in Financial Management
At McDonald’s we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do, and they make the McDonald’s experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers. We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers gives us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonald’s or elsewhere."
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4028H_743999891065193