Senior Construction Project Manager
McDonald's is the largest family restaurant in the world, serving approximately 69 million customers across 36,000 restaurants a day: in more than 100 countries. The UK & Ireland market is one of the most successful entities across the wider business, serving on average 4 million people a day. It has operated in UK since 1974 and the business is growing continuously with more than 1,400 restaurants and over 154,000 employees.
McDonald’s UK & Ireland has a proven track record of investing in the development of its employees and offering flexibility as part of its dedication to being a modern and progressive company. Every year, it invests over £40 million in developing people, giving every one of its employees the opportunity to take part in structured training.
McDonald’s buys ingredients from over 17,500 British and Irish farmers and spends over £1.1billion annually on its food and packaging requirements. McDonald’s is committed to supporting British and Irish farmers to ensure it can continue to source many of its ingredients from the UK and Ireland.
McDonald’s is a market leader in its field, striving for the highest standard of quality, speed and restaurant experience. Re-generation of our restaurant infrastructure, covering digital ordering, re-imaging and dual-point service make working at McDonald’s more exciting than ever!
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
We're a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand in the world by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel-good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
Company Vision and Culture
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and, in the UK, and Ireland we are working hard to be the UK & Irelands best-loved restaurant company.
McDonald’s is defined by its culture. Our culture shapes and informs everything we think and everything we do. Our culture influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with customers, franchisees and suppliers. Our culture motivates and inspires us to attract and retain great talent, creating positive, energising, exceptional working environment for us all.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better togetherJob Description:
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced project manager to join our Construction Team as a Project Manager. We are looking for a hardworking and ambitious individual to join our dynamic team managing construction projects for one of the most valuable and iconic brands in the world.
With the support and guidance of a Senior Project Manager you will have an instrumental role in helping the team to deliver Convenience of the Future to our restaurants. Convenience of the Future will improve both the customer and crew experience in our 1400+ restaurants.
What will my accountabilities be?
- With the support and guidance of a Senior Project Manager undertake the following: Manage the full lifecycle of reinvestment construction projects
- Undertake and manage key stakeholder engagements with parties such as Franchisees, Crew, Designers, Contractors and other corporate departments (such as IT and Finance)
- Coordinate and supervise all aspects of the detailed design
- Monitor and communicate project programmes to ensure delivery
- Work closely with supply chain and contractors to ensure project delivery
- Obtain financial approval on project expenditure
- Supervise and report any variance to project expenditure
- Undertake site inspections, site meetings and defect identification inspections
- Support the engagement of Principle Designers to ensure compliance of CDM regulations
- Assist with ensuring compliance of McDonald’s standards, policies and specifications
What team will I be part of?
You will be a part of the Construction Department which is responsible for developing new build restaurants, undertaking refurbishment and improvement projects of existing leasehold and freehold properties on both company owned and franchised restaurants. The property portfolio consists of both modular and traditionally constructed drive-thru and high street restaurants.
Who will my customers be?
- You will build relationships with Franchisees and their management team to scope requirements for projects.
- Ensure that the customer experience is at the forefront of every decision
- Coordinate design teams and retain communication with Quantity Surveyors to agree project costs and report accordingly.
- Maintain communication with partners throughout the project process and liaise with both external and internal bodies to obtain appropriate consents.
- Have a brackground in construction project management or commercial or retail fitout
- Experience of leading project teams to deliver high quality construction projects on time and to budget.
- The ability to quickly build and maintain excellent relationships and influence key decision makers.
- Experience in managing multi-discipline professional teams
- Be able to work to strict deadlines.
- Be inquisitive and willing to learn new skills.
- Have the ability to assimilate information quickly.
- Be confident to operate with a high degree of autonomy.
- Have strong communication skills.
- Computer Literate- Sophisticated Excel & PowerPoint. Project Management software experience is desirable.
- Be comfortable with and have experience of working in a fast paced and changing working environment.
- Be able to deal with challenging or complicated situations.
- Be able to work with energy and passion and encourage the same in others.
- Capable of analysing and interpreting information and data.
- A full clean driving license would be required for the post, as travel throughout the UK would be required.
At McDonald’s we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do, and they make the McDonald’s experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers. We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers gives us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonald’s or elsewhere."
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4028H_743999879325890