Senior Analyst-US Payments
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
About the McDonald’s Global Payments Team
The Global Payments Team within Treasury is composed of high-performing subject matter experts who advise on payment strategy and support payment program execution. The Global Payments team serves as a valued business partner to Finance, Customer Experience, Technology, and the US market with the goal of optimizing in-store and digital payments; examples include supporting vendor strategies, lowering costs, and aiding with payment operations.
U.S. Payments Supervisor Role
The U.S. Payments Supervisor will report to the U.S. Payments, supporting cashless payments programs across the U.S. and cash for U.S. company-owned restaurants. They will maintain regular contact with vendors, the Card Networks, and Armored Carriers to advocate for the U.S. System. They should have demonstrable knowledge of the Payments ecosystem, banking relationships, the cost of payments and cost drivers, and emerging payment methods. They will aid with system-wide changes and new programs by ensuring our vendors are following through on their commitments. The U.S. Payment Supervisor should be highly motivated by cross-functional collaboration and demonstrate interpersonal skills, as they will often be assisting with educating on solutions that impact multiple teams and every McDonald’s U.S. restaurant.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Supporting Franchisees and US Market
- Partnering cross-functionally to mitigate escalated payment issues and act as intermediary between franchisees, field offices, payment processor, card brands, and internal teams
- Recommending enhancements that result in feedback from Franchisees
- Properly allocating rebates and resolving franchisee payout issues
- Maintaining debit routing tables to ensure least-cost routing and maximize U.S. System Savings
- Calculating financial impacts of card network changes with Spring & Fall Releases
- Partnering with Payments Data Analytics team for visibility into cost of payments & KPIs
- Managing New Cashless Pay Types:
- Evaluating and researching new pay methods, associated costs, and value to customers
- Advising on costs, settlement, and reconciliation for new payments initiatives
- Owning new customer-facing Payment types and relationship management
- Supporting company-owned restaurants with cash handling:
- Recommending, overseeing, and reporting on process improvements
- Liaising between Operations, Security and Armored Carriers for escalated issues
- Analyzing bank fees and carrier costs
- Supporting the U.S. Payments Manager as needed in various areas, including but not limited to:
- Creating System communications regarding changes in pricing, regulations and performance standards as needed
- Providing ad-hoc analyses related to contract negotiations and assist with contracts
- Preparing deliverables for meetings with Leadership
Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or Technology preferred
- Strong analytic, organizational and communication skills, both written and oral, are critical to success
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- 3 years of Payments experience preferred, but not required
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4362H_743999891616800