SAS Data Programmer, Global Pricing
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
Based out of our headquarters in the West Loop of Chicago, the SAS Data Programmer will be a critical part of the company’s continued transformation efforts. This position will develop targeting schemas and segmentation approaches by using internal data and external market intelligence to analyze competitive pricing, market trends, and customer preferences, evaluate and improve on existing pricing tactics and strategies, and develop and implement new pricing structures and approaches. They will exercise influential leadership skills with key partners both within and outside the business. In addition, they will work with markets to develop and execute pricing strategies.
- Develop processes, insights, and models for pricing strategy insights for global markets to unlock measurable shareholder value.
- Serve as a cross-functional technical and data expert resource while supporting pricing analysis, insights, and big data.
- Problem-solve complex pricing challenges using SAS and other languages.
- Develop and deploy pricing analytics in a transformational global business environment using modern statistical methods and machine learning.
- Streamline the current technical pricing processes, programs and environments - including streamlining code and improving current reporting, insight protocols, and analytics.
- Participate in a cross-functional role to provide pricing solutions and recommendations to support business model changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Marketing Analytics, Economics, Data Science
- Master’s degree focused on analytics for growth and profit strategies is preferred
- Prior experience developing and executing pricing capabilities leveraging SAS and Python in hosted and distributed environments
- Experience in additional other languages and tools is a plus
- Strong business acumen required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; experience working with upper-level management
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.