RTO Trainer and Assessor
McDonald’s Australia is the largest quick service restaurant operation in the country. Fondly known as "Maccas", we are famous in the global McDonald’s world for adding beetroot to our Aussie burgers and creating the world’s first McCafé in Melbourne. A household name in Australia for almost 50 years, we believe that our customers are the heart and soul of everything we do and make it our mission to make every moment count!Job Description:
A Registered Training Organisation (RTO) Trainer and Assessor is responsible for facilitating learning that motivates, builds competencies, improves individual’s performance and contributes to the restaurants results. You will play a key training and development consulting position that will assist in changing behaviour to positively impact business results. Through a fair and consistent approach to National RTO standards for student enrolment, training delivery and assessment you will assist in ensuring compliance standards are always met and outcomes are aligned with RTO goals.
This role is flexible and open to locations based in Victoria or South Australia to service the SA restaurants and will be reporting into the RTO Manager based in Melbourne.
What will my key accountabilities be?
Traineeship and Course Enrolment
- Assists in identifying employees for progression into traineeships
- Completes all enrolments and relevant traineeship paperwork ensuring accuracy of work
- Fulfils the role of Trainer and Assessor for participants on all RTO courses including the development and maintenance of training plans
- Works towards achievements of KPI’s as set by your manager
- Effectively builds and maintains strong working relationships with Workplace Supervisors, Restaurant Managers, Licensees, Operations Consultants and Management Teams
- Builds relationships with participants that maximise learning potential and provide regular feedback
- Builds and maintains relationships with local schools, Australian Apprenticeship Support Network and relevant external bodies
Training and Assessment
- Prepare and conduct relevant orientation sessions, structured training webinars and facilitate structured training support
- Actively contributes to internal and external audit/validation programs
- Completes assessment on each participant and ensures adherence to VET Quality Framework
- Adhere to National Standards for RTO’s & State compliance/government guidelines
- Stay up to date with the most current and effective employee development approaches
- Remain current on operational standards, procedures, and resources to enhance the ability to provide leadership and maximise business results
- Maintain accurate and complete Personnel Competency Matrix
- Apply professional development activities as required to maintain VET and industry currency
Essential technical and behavioural skills
- McDonald’s management experience is advantageous and will put you in good stead to connect the RTO with restaurant operations.
- Clear and confident communicator able to engage an audience and present information that assists all stakeholders in understanding the importance of information
- Well-organised and able to set and work to tight deadlines
- Confident in providing constructive feedback
- Passionate in sharing skills and experience to optimise learning outcomes
- Enthusiastic about training and development of people with a high focus on quality training
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- A current driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Hold a current Working With Children Check or willingness to complete if successful
- Complete an Appropriate Personnel Declaration if successful
- Complete a National Criminal Check if successful
- Hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or attend mandatory class
- Complete and maintain a Personnel Competencies Matrix
- Availability to work evening hours to conduct training and assessment
- Availability to travel to different destinations (sometimes regional), with reasonable and occasional overnight stay to fulfil requirements of the role
- McDonald’s Restaurant Management Experience
- Demonstrated presentation skills/ experience
- Completion of Certificate III in Retail
Why choose us?
Employer of choice winner for the past three years, McDonald’s Australia is defined by its culture. Our culture is an expression of why and how we do things around here. It influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with our customers, franchisees and suppliers. It is our purpose to feed and foster the community; and our mission is making delicious, feel-good moments easy for everyone.
Not only do we offer flexible working arrangements, a bonus week of annual leave and a market leading incentive scheme; but we provide an opportunity to work alongside other passionate and talented people every single day.
Join our team!
So if you are eager to jump into a new position within a passionate team and market leading brand, then APPLY today.
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF3402D_743999846825581