Ronald McDonald House Charities - Field Operations Manager - Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa (APMEA)
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centred on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet.Job Description:
Global Field Operations
As a critical part of the RMHC Global Operations Team, Field Operations expands the Charity's reach and strengthens the global network by working with local Chapters on all aspects of non-profit management, program development, and operations. The team is responsible for Chapter & program licensing, development and compliance around the globe. Additionally, Field Operations leads Chapter capacity building and relationship management, and environmental sustainability.
The RMHC Field Operations Team manages a portfolio of 270 separately incorporated non-profit organizations in 62 countries and regions - we refer to these organizations as "Chapters". Currently, this portfolio of Chapters has combined assets of more than US$2.8 billion. In addition to financial reserves, these assets include 380+ Ronald McDonald House, 260+ Ronald McDonald Family Room and 49+ Ronald McDonald Care Mobile programs that serve millions of children and their families each year.
Principle Accountabilities: Asia Pacific Middle East and Africa (APMEA)
- Increase access to quality health care for children by providing non-profit business consultation and technical support to RMHC Chapters within a defined geographic area of the world.
- In this role you will be responsible for a portfolio of individually incorporated non-profit organizations (RMHC Chapters) across the Asia Pacific / Middle East / Africa region.
- You will also provide strategic guidance and management of mergers and acquisitions within the RMHC system.
- Manage process for development and licensing of RMHC programs within a defined geographic area of the world. Process includes medical feasibility studies, organizational evaluation, community assessment, business planning, financial modeling, program design, and brand compliance. Projected growth of the program portfolio throughout the world over the next four years is nearly 800 core programs and will require an additional US$2.5 billion in capital funding and ongoing annual operating costs of US$650,000,000.
- Evaluate Chapter effectiveness and strength. Promote and expand capacity of local Chapters and their programs through non-profit management and program development guidance, leading local board and staff retreats, ongoing dialogue and utilizing RMHC assessment tools.
- Assure local Chapter organizational and program license compliance with RMHC Operating Standards through Chapter reporting, ongoing communication, site visits, and attendance at RMHC board meetings and various McDonald’s meetings/conventions. Define mitigation strategies to address non-compliance and steward communication and action steps to reach alignment, compliance and successful mission delivery.
- Represent RMHC and its global network through engagement with Ministries of Health, Government officials, Hospital Administrators and healthcare providers.
- Convene and facilitate system engagement opportunities for sharing leading practices and change management.
- Collaborate with team members in the evaluation, development and execution of key RMHC Impact Strategy Initiatives. Fully engage in informing and helping to manage the infrastructure of support for the system: specifically, Education and People development for the nearly 5,000 staff and many of the 490,000 volunteers; Environmental Sustainability practices for the 8.5 million square feet of House and Family Rooms; Impact research, Resource development and Technology.
- First point-of-contact for issues management, engaging appropriate RMHC Global team and McDonald’s resources to mitigate and manage risk, both internal and external.
- Collaborate with team members in tracking organizational and external trends; participate in the development of field resources that anticipate or respond to trends within RMHC standards, guidelines and guiding principles.
- Leverage and strengthen relationships between McDonald’s Corporation, its employees, franchisees and supplier network and local RMHC Chapters by facilitating discussions and activities that align RMHC support and the McDonald’s business strategy.
Strategy and Leadership
- Drive Change: respond to changes in strategic direction and operating practices and embrace continuous improvement
- Think Strategically and Innovatively: understand, formulate, communicate and implement sound management strategies that are future focused and creative.
- Take Ownership: take personal responsibility for meeting commitments and ensuring that results are achieved in a timely manner; comfortable being held accountable
- Value and Respect Others: relate to and work well with a diverse group of people; show cultural and interpersonal sensitivity
- Communicate Effectively: convey thoughts verbally or in writing in an articulate, confident and compelling manner; shows versatility as a communicator in adapting style to suit varied audiences
- Motivation and Tenacity: maintain high levels of drive, enthusiasm, and commitment. Show passion for the job and works well under pressure.
- Learn rapidly: absorb information, knowledge and learning from past experiences, other people and resources; encourage the learning and development of others.
- Lead through influence: Influence leaders across the organization to adopt RMHC Global values, operating practices and framework, and maintain licensing compliance.
- Plan, Schedule and Prioritize: manage time effectively; well organized, flexibly multi-task competing and concurrent priorities.
- Manage day-to-day activities with local Chapters and key stakeholders ensuring adherence to standards, timelines, budgets, effective communication and collaboration.
- Adapt to changing demands and prioritize according to urgency and importance.
- Program approvals and organizational assessments by Associate Directors commit RMHC, Inc. funds of up to $15 million annually and local Chapter capital investments of more than $2.5 billion for an average 4-year cycle.
- Provide leadership point-of-view, build strong relationships and foster teamwork among local Chapters, clinical partners, RMHC colleagues, McDonald's owner/operators, and donors to achieve maximum performance.
- Optimize Team Effectiveness: a ‘team-player’ that works cooperatively with others and acts in ways that support the success of the overall team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of ten (10) years in the non-profit sector; working with/for community-based initiatives
- In-depth knowledge of non-profit practices, including board governance, program development and operations.
- Recent experience working in the international nonprofit sector; preferably Asia Pacific Middle East and Africa.
- Proven leadership and ability to influence and work with diverse populations.
- Proven ability to develop and implement organizational change and strengthening within a non-profit organization.
- High level of strategic focus and perspective and tactical ability to deliver.
- Ability to navigate, orchestrate, and work through complex issues with a strategic, tactical, and fresh perspective.
Good to know: This role requires regular business travel - up to 35%. The individual is required to be a holder of a current valid passport and have the ability to travel internationally.
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4026G_743999875847371