RMHC Research and Evaluation Supervisor
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
McDonald's Global Impact team is aligned around a mission to make McDonald’s one of the most respected, trusted, and admired brands in the world. We will do this through actions to drive responsible business growth, investments to foster community, values-based advocacy, and compelling communications that matter to our customers, our System and our global partners. Read more about our Purpose & Impact here.
RMHC uses its global programmatic reach and seeks to influence health and philanthropic sectors to advocate for and invest in increasing access to quality health care where the family is fully supported and involved. This role supports these critical RMHC strategic priorities by helping to assess and evaluate the impact of RMHC programs on patient outcomes, caregivers, and the healthcare system and support RMHC collaboration with researchers and healthcare partners to gain deeper understanding of the social determinants of health on families using RMHC programs. This role will also help to influence the expansion and adoption of family-centered care practices within national and local health systems and increase engagement of pediatric healthcare providers by supporting RMHC Chapter activities in family-centered care.
Reporting to the RMHC Director of Program Research, Evaluation and RMHC Center, the RMHC Research and Evaluation Supervisor will support RMHC Global initiatives in family-centered care (FCC), the RMHC Center, and program evaluation.
Family-Centered Care (FCC)
- Coordinate RMHC Global support for RMHC Chapter FCC-related activities.
- Monitor FCC Community discussions and serve as a peer group moderator / facilitator.
- Develop and maintain a speakers’ bureau of RMHC Chapter-recommended FCC speakers/experts and their areas of expertise.
- Post FCC-related tools / resources to the Resource Library and coordinate their dissemination via appropriate internal channels (e.g. via Flash Facts, Communities, RMHC-U, etc.) in close collaboration with the RMHC Internal/System Communications and Learning & Development teams.
- Draft and submit articles for an FCC corner in the RMHC monthly communications, Flash Facts.
- Work closely with the RMHC Director of Program & Grant Stewardship to create and maintain a calendar of RMHC Center operations: e.g., budget timeline, reporting due dates, Global team meetings, learning opportunities, research releases, and external comms.
- Work closely with the RMHC Director of Program & Grant Stewardship and COO to plan and coordinate meetings w/University of California-San Francisco (UCSF) team, RMHC Center Advisory Committee members, and ad hoc meetings hosted by the RMHC Global team.
- Work closely with the RMHC Director of Program & Grant Stewardship and COO to support RMHC Board meetings and activities.
- Post RMHC Center materials to Resource Library and support dissemination via internal and external channels.
- Conduct RADAR queries to inform RMHC research activities.
- Collect and post example program evaluation tools from the RMHC system and RMHC Center to the Resource Library.
- Coordinate the dissemination of tools/resources in close collaboration with the RMHC Internal/System Communications, Learning & Development, Development, and Field Operations teams.
- In partnership with the Development team, provide input on program evaluation components of funding opportunities.
- Experience in supporting research or evaluation projects in public health and/or social services.
- Ability to synthesize literature and offer key insights, organize and translate data.
- Analytical approach to outcomes identification, measurement, and evaluation.
- Critical thinker with exceptional writing skills.
- Strong project management and demonstrated experience communicating and working across teams in a matrixed environment.
- Minimum three years of work experience supporting research and program evaluation. Experience working with nonprofit sector and/or academic or clinical research institutions preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required. Research and evaluation experience in public health and non-profit settings can serve as a proxy for education.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.