RMHC Global Development Manager, Data & Operations
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
The Development Manager, Data and Operations supports the RMHC Global development team by overseeing fundraising operational systems to maximize revenue and engagement efforts. The Development Manager, Data and Operations is focused on data infrastructure and integration across platforms, including philanthropic and engagement data, meetings and events, and communications. Specifically, the Development Manager, Data and Operations oversees database management and reporting, prospect research and portfolio management, gift processing and acknowledgement, and donor communications tracking.
Database Management and Reporting (35%)
- Serve as database administrator for all giving platforms, leading upgrades, and migrations.
- Optimize development processes that maximize the efficiency of database operations, increase revenue, and personalize the donor experience. Build and maintain data integrations across constituent platforms to create complete donor profiles based on giving history and interests.
- Develop and manage reports based on key performance indicators to track progress to goals and analyze fundraising performance and trends.
- Identify opportunities for new data collection to fill gaps in available donor data.
- Create a plan for and execute regular data integrity checks, ensuring consistency and reliability of data to maximize use for all development team members.
- Support development team with budget forecasting and customized stewardship touchpoints.
Donor Engagement and Tracking (35%)
- Expand and execute systems for donor prospecting, research, and robust pipeline development.
- Develop and manage formal process for donor portfolio assignment, moves management, and prospect tracking.
- Create segments to use for annual appeals, stewardship communications, and event invitations.
- Collaborate with other development teams to provide exports and lists, as requested.
- Organize and execute contact imports into database to track key donor communications.
- Analyze digital communication engagement and ensure entry into main database.
- Support overall creation and implementation of annual development plan.
Gift Processing, Recognition and Reconciliation (20%)
- Manage and oversee all aspects of gift processing, including gift data entry and imports.
- Manage and oversee process for sending out gift acknowledgement and tax letters to donors on a timely basis.
- Collaborate with Finance team to reconcile revenue details and ensure proper gift coding and allocation.
- Track and report on data related to non-financial and in-kind contributions.
- Serve as strategic partner for organization initiatives that consist of data capture and tracking for the purposes of generating revenue or engaging with external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Infrastructure & Risk Management team to develop and oversee policies pertaining to data health, entry, maintenance, usage, and security.
- Work in collaboration with internal stakeholders to ensure CRM is being leveraged appropriately. This includes leading training and onboarding for staff who have access to donor data systems, anddeveloping materials and resources to support consistent adoption of best practices.
- Serve as liaison to third-party giving platforms and ensure system compliance.
- Generate online giving pages for annual appeals, memorials, and special events.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in non profit and donor relations
- Prior experience using Salesforce is desired
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.