RMHC Field Operations Resource Team Manager
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
McDonald's Global Impact team is aligned around a mission to make McDonald’s one of the most respected, trusted, and admired brands in the world. We will do this through actions to drive responsible business growth, investments to cultivate community, values-based advocacy, and compelling communications that matter to our customers, our System and our global partners. Read more about our Purpose & Impact here.Job Description:
Ronald McDonald House Charities® (RMHC®), is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) corporation that creates, finds and supports programs that directly improve the health and well-being of children and their families. Through a global network of over 260 Chapters in more than 60 countries and regions, RMHC enables, facilitates and supports family-centered care through three core programs: the Ronald McDonald House®, the Ronald McDonald Family Room® and the Ronald McDonald Care Mobile®. RMHC programs help families with ill or injured children stay together and near leading hospitals and health care services worldwide, ensuring they have access to the medical care their child needs while fully supported and actively involved in their child’s care.
RMHC Field Operations
The RMHC Field Operations Team manages a portfolio of 260 separately incorporated non-profit organizations in over 60 countries and regions - referred to as "Chapters". Currently, this portfolio of Chapters has combined assets of more than $2.8 billion. In addition to financial reserves, these assets include 375+ Ronald McDonald House, 260+ Ronald McDonald Family Room and 42+ Ronald McDonald Care Mobile programs that serve millions of children and their families each year.
As a critical part of the RMHC Global Operations Team, Field Operations strengthens the global network by working with local Chapters on all aspects of nonprofit management, program development, and operations. This includes responsibility for Chapter & program licensing, program development, capacity building, relationship management, and compliance. Nine Field Operations Associate Directors each manage a portfolio of Chapters by region around the world.
The core purpose of this role is to steward RMHC excellence through the development and maintaining of resources and support infrastructure for the RMHC Field Ops team and Chapters around the world.
- Propose, develop, and collaborate with the Field Operations team and other stakeholders to drive the process for ensuring ongoing review, evolution, and roll out of Chapter-facing policies and protocols (e.x. infectious disease guidelines, house manuals, etc.) which set standards for excellence in delivery of programs as well as compliance expectations as defined in Chapter licenses.
- Drive organizational excellence in reviewing, updating and articulating Field Operations internal processes, policies, and procedures across the function in collaboration and conversation with the Field Operations team.
- Organize and oversee cross-geography convenings of Chapters to share best practices, network, and engage in educational opportunities (regional meetings, conferences, virtual networking events)
- Manage the curation of RMHC Chapter leading and innovative practices
- Manage Field Operations team processes, working with Field Operations Directors to set and manage priorities and processes for team engagement
- Oversee the process to identify, engage, and mobilize leaders from across the RMHC system to form Global Advisory Teams which inform strategic decisions and direction for the system
- Manage two Field Operations Supervisors in coordinating and delegating their work in support of the team’s goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of eight years experience in project management, resource development and/or communications
- Recent experience working with the nonprofit sector, preferred
- Ability to navigate, orchestrate, and work through complex issues with a strategic, tactical, and fresh perspective.
- Strong ability to work with multi-disciplined teams and influence consensus-building.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while managing deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Energy and passion for the RMHC mission.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.