McDonald's is the largest family restaurant in the world, serving approximately 69 million customers across 36,000 restaurants a day: in more than 100 countries. The UK & Ireland market is one of the most successful entities across the wider business, serving on average 4 million people a day. It has operated in UK since 1974 and the business is growing continuously with more than 1,400 restaurants and over 154,000 employees.
McDonald’s UK & Ireland has a proven track record of investing in the development of its employees and offering flexibility as part of its dedication to being a modern and progressive company. Every year, it invests over £40 million in developing people, giving every one of its employees the opportunity to take part in structured training.
McDonald’s buys ingredients from over 17,500 British and Irish farmers and spends over £1.1billion annually on its food and packaging requirements. McDonald’s is committed to supporting British and Irish farmers to ensure it can continue to source many of its ingredients from the UK and Ireland.
McDonald’s is a market leader in its field, striving for the highest standard of quality, speed and restaurant experience. Re-generation of our restaurant infrastructure, covering digital ordering, re-imaging and dual-point service make working at McDonald’s more exciting than ever!
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
We're a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand in the world by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel-good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
Company Vision and Culture
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and, in the UK, and Ireland we are working hard to be the UK & Irelands best-loved restaurant company.
McDonald’s is defined by its culture. Our culture shapes and informs everything we think and everything we do. Our culture influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with customers, franchisees and suppliers. Our culture motivates and inspires us to attract and retain great talent, creating positive, energising, exceptional working environment for us all.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better togetherJob Description:
The Reward Consultant provides generalist and specialist Reward related advice to employees, managers and the People Team, as well as assisting the Reward Lead in managing the cyclical Reward calendar for the UK & Ireland. You will manage various Reward related projects, working across all elements from pay, compensation, job evaluation and benchmarking and other reward related items.
What will my accountabilities be?
- Lead on group-wide compensation processes including Hourly pay and Salary Review, Bonus, Long term incentive plans
- Keep up to date with industry trends and legislative changes and ensure pay principles are adhered to in all compensation related activity
- Manage all aspects of the company bonus schemes, including:
- Annual review of bonus schemes, liaising with Senior Management to set annual rules
- Liaise with third-party provider to implement system changes and ongoing management of bonus processing
- Facilitate individual bonus payments and communications
- Answer employee bonus queries, as and when required
- Assist with the calibration processes for year-end performance reviews including:
- Production of clear communications
- Reporting for calibration meetings
- Assist with LTI process including:
- Communication to employees with regards Stock Options and RSU’s for vesting, expiring and new awards
- Assisting in communicating award targets and recommendations
- Management of the LTI leavers process with the Global Compensation team
- Complete job evaluation and benchmarking in line with McDonald’s principles
Pension and Life Assurance
- Day to day management of the company’s pension scheme and associated benefits
- Act as secretary to the Pension Trustee
- Liaise with the Scheme Actuary/Stakeholder pension provider, as well as working alongside the scheme administrators and advisors
- Provide support and deal with member queries, as and when required
- Production and delivery of the annual pension statement
- Assist with the management of the life assurance scheme
- Manage all life assurance cases; liaising with the family or representative acting on behalf of the estate, HR Operations and the Insurer
Broader Reward Proposition
- Design and deliver communication materials including Total Reward Statements for hourly paid and salaried employees and for Franchisees
- Globally report Management Information for UK employees
- Contribute to decision making by researching, analysing and presenting recommendations and findings to various stakeholders
- Provide insights reports and recommendations on various aspects of the reward agenda such as pay strategy and gender pay
- Lead on pay gap reporting and associated strategies, in tandem with Talent and DEI
- Lead on GDPR and HRIS projects for Reward
- Act as SME of your Reward areas
- Assist the Reward Lead in all aspects of the reward agenda, supporting the wider team where needed and upskilling the wider people team and business as necessary
- Work with third party providers and brokers to deliver a reward proposition that meets the needs of the business and fits with the EVP
- Prepare reports, presentations and communications material as necessary to enable the delivery of the total reward proposition
What Team will I be a part of?
You will be part of the UK&I People Team, working in the Reward team.
Who are my customers?
Your customers will include:
- People Team
- External stakeholders such as Willis Towers Watson, Aviva and AXA PPP
What background do I need to have?
- Experience of working in a large and complex organisation
- Highly analytical and numerate with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate strong project management across a number of concurrent projects
- Flexible approach and ability to use initiative, influencing and problem solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally, strong team player
- Experience of company pension schemes
- Experience of job evaluation and market benchmarking, preferably previous experience using Willis Towers Watson job evaluation and benchmarking methodology/ tools
- Proven experience of analysing large volumes of data, identifying trends and translating into key messages which are understood by stakeholders
- CIPD qualified (preferable)
At McDonald’s we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do, and they make the McDonald’s experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers. We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers gives us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonald’s or elsewhere."
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF5544P_743999935036479
- Human Resources