McDonald's is the largest family restaurant in the world, serving approximately 69 million customers across 36,000 restaurants a day: in more than 100 countries. The UK & Ireland market is one of the most successful entities across the wider business, serving on average 4 million people a day. It has operated in UK since 1974 and the business is growing continuously with more than 1,400 restaurants and over 154,000 employees.
McDonald’s UK & Ireland has a proven track record of investing in the development of its employees and offering flexibility as part of its dedication to being a modern and progressive company. Every year, it invests over £40 million in developing people, giving every one of its employees the opportunity to take part in structured training.
McDonald’s buys ingredients from over 17,500 British and Irish farmers and spends over £1.1billion annually on its food and packaging requirements. McDonald’s is committed to supporting British and Irish farmers to ensure it can continue to source many of its ingredients from the UK and Ireland.
McDonald’s is a market leader in its field, striving for the highest standard of quality, speed and restaurant experience. Re-generation of our restaurant infrastructure, covering digital ordering, re-imaging and dual-point service make working at McDonald’s more exciting than ever!
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
We're a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand in the world by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel-good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
Company Vision and Culture
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and, in the UK, and Ireland we are working hard to be the UK & Irelands best-loved restaurant company.
McDonald’s is defined by its culture. Our culture shapes and informs everything we think and everything we do. Our culture influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with customers, franchisees and suppliers. Our culture motivates and inspires us to attract and retain great talent, creating positive, energising, exceptional working environment for us all.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better togetherJob Description:
Are you looking for a new challenge that can positively impact our People? We are looking to add to our Reward team and this is a great opportunity to work on one of the most valuable and iconic brands in the world as our Reward Administrator.
This is an excellent opportunity to build upon your professional experience, developing specialist knowledge in Total rewards in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. You will be a critical team member responsible for day-to-day, Reward, Benefits, Wellbeing and Recognition activities.
What will my accountabilities be?
- Support company recognition schemes, wellbeing initiatives and reward and benefits activity
- Utilise data to provide relevant information and insight to impact, support and inform on the key activities across the reward calendar
- Support the project management of key recognition programs, e.g. the annual Employee of the Year recognition scheme
- Support the UK & Ireland Bonus scheme cycles for hourly paid and salaried employees
- Reviewing and responding to Reward queries via Hornbill, reviewing trends and identifying any common themes
- Day to day administration of the Reward processes e.g, maintenance of the Reward Handbook, tracker and calendar and scheduling of team meetings
- Maintenance of our core reward communication channels and information on all team information on the company platforms
- Tracking reward invoices v budget
- Identify and implement improvements to administrative processes in order to provide a high-qualify service
What Team will I be a part of?
You will be part of the Rewards team, sitting in the wider People Team and supporting our Rewards Consultants.
Who are my customers?
- All corporate and operations partners
- Reward partners, such as AXA, Aviva, NEST, BUPA, Linney, Reward Gateway, WTW and Evelyn Partners
What background (personal skills) do I need to have?
- Demonstrates ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, project management and critical thinking skills
- Good analytical skills with a strong attention to detail
- Sophisticated with Microsoft packages especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Quick learner and ability to understand business issues
- Must be organised and motivated with the ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Must be extremely proactive with a desire to stretch beyond the task list to support the team
- Can identify and communicate opportunities for continuous improvement, with a willingness to share ideas
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
At McDonald’s we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do, and they make the McDonald’s experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers. We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers gives us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonald’s or elsewhere."
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF6374O_743999966233873
- Human Resources