Restaurant Business Consulting - Operations Associate (March 2023 Start)
Locations Expected to be Available for the March 2023 Cohort:
McDonald's is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand in the world by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big daily and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It is set up to be a global hub that fosters innovation: take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to stay in touch with your team around the globe. With monthly organized events, massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites, our office helps us connect with each other like never before.Job Description:
The Operations Associate role is for you if you’re interested in working collaboratively with multimillion-dollar business owners to assess their restaurants and offer them solutions to run their businesses. Our training program is designed to provide a smooth transition into McDonald’s so don’t worry - if you are willing to learn and work hard, we will provide the know-how. You will receive coaching from industry leaders who want you to succeed and take pride in developing future leaders at McDonald’s.
What You’ll Do
Launch your career as you:
- Conduct objective evaluations to analyze restaurant performance across customer experience and operations
- Protect the McDonald's brand by identifying issues that may pose risks to customer experience and brand perceptions
- Partner with and support franchisees and restaurants
- Recognize patterns and develop expertise around common restaurant performance issues
- Travel to restaurants to perform site visits
- Develop expertise in Restaurant Department Management systems
- Evaluate root causes impacting franchise restaurant operations
- Are Open to additional relocation
- Travel for this role typically requires driving to locations up to 5 hours away, and may require hotel stays
- May require occasional overnights
Why We’ll Hire You
You're a strong candidate if you:
- Are a Senior working towards a Bachelor’s degree or have already graduated
- Are willing to travel and relocate
- Can act as an accurate, consistent evaluator who relies on measurable facts and observations.
- Focus on strong attention to detail and ability to keep reports and evaluations organized
- Effectively manage time to keep up with a demanding evaluation and travel schedule
- Can develop trust-based and ethical relationships with key partners
- Understand drivers of financial performance
- Communicate well and can adapt based on the audience
- Are committed to a culture of inclusiveness
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date
Why You’ll Want This Job
The initial program includes interactive sessions with the US Operations team, Restaurant Training, and building your restaurant performance expertise to conduct consultative visits of our restaurants.
Operations Associates travel for consultations with restaurant owners to evaluate restaurant operations and consult to help each multimillion-dollar restaurant operate at peak efficiency levels to deliver top-notch results. You will develop holistic restaurant operations skills during rotations and training that you can apply to your role. As you acquire those skill our Field Leads will look for you to provide guidance in your area of expertise to Operators in the field who request it. You will have the opportunity to partner with operations management and leadership prior to their consultations with the franchise restaurants.
In addition, the capabilities you will acquire set you up for a variety of career paths depending on your interests and strengths, so know that beginning your career at McDonald’s is choosing to give yourself options.
How You’ll be Compensated
You’ll be lovin’ our compensation and benefits package, which includes:
- A highly competitive starting salary rate of $71,500
- Relocation Assistance
- May be eligible for Company Car Program
- Generous paid time off
- Eligibility for Target Incentive Plan (annual bonus)
- Health benefits
- 401k matching contributions
- Educational Assistance
- Matching Gifts Program
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.