Real Estate Transaction Manager
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
As a Real Estate Transaction Manager, you will contribute to the McDonald’s National Development Plan by assuming primary real estate responsibilities for new/relo inventory post contract execution. In this role, you will be a member of the Real Estate COE team and support one or more Field Offices.
This is a remote position and will cover the Northeast markets.
Some of the core responsibilities will include:
- Assists the National Real Estate Managers (NREMs) in pre and post contract execution activities
- Provides various research that may be required for site approval, which may include validating growth projections, road expansion projects, competitor activity, and similar information
- Reviews/filters site submittals through ORE and other sources
- Assumes primary responsibility for real estate transaction post-execution through opening. This includes negotiating lease amendments, access agreements, easements and follow up with Landlord’s/Seller’s on their contract deliverables
- Updates various team reports
- Work in tandem with construction managers to ensure flawless transitions into permitting, construction, and turnover/grand opening on individual projects.
- Professionally partner with key customers across business units and teams to achieve results
- Prepare franchise orientation packages
- Works with Coordinators regarding title, survey or other issues that may impact building size, design, restrictions and other similar matters
- Assist NREMs in preparing real estate presentations
- Ability to negotiate and lead contractual agreements
- Strong technical proficiency
- Data analysis and ability to use Excel and PowerPoint to assist in understanding and communicating data
- Self-motivated with attention to detail, accuracy, documentation and follow-through.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization as well as external clients, Landlord, Developers.
- Working knowledge of typical mapping, analytical, and sales projection tools.
- Understanding of retail leases, purchase agreements, easements, CC&Rs and other applicable real estate documents.
- Proficiency to handle multiple projects with strong attention to detail in a fast paced environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of internal/external customers including senior management, landlords, attorneys, and external consultants
- Can work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task.
- Able to work independently with attention to detail, accuracy, documentation and follow-thru.
- Strong knowledge of the real estate process, and other real estate development transactions
- Very thorough, efficient, and organized with an outstanding ability to establish priorities and objectives
- Ability to negotiate and lead many different transactions at the same time.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- 3+ years commercial real estate experience
- Comprehensive understanding of real estate legal document administration
- BA/BS degree in a real estate or business field preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Excellent interpersonal, persuasion and collaboration skills.
- Able to balance multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Self-motivated and productive working in a remote position.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Type: Remote
Req ID: REF4568P_743999909090334