Real Estate Research Manager
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
Real Estate Research Manager - PMO, or Profitable Market Optimization, is a fact-based strategic business process to create long-term Development plans for growing profitable sales and market share. This position’s primary focus relates to identification of new and relocation restaurant opportunities, long-term real estate (LTRE), which supports a 5-year vision and CapEx plan. These plans server as the basis for driving the annual development plan.
This process is supported by many tools, ad hoc analysis, and field planning efforts.
This role is responsible for providing leadership and strategic perspective on these topics. Specifically, this role leads the process of identification new restaurant opportunities and consults with field offices and the RE COE on new store potential, mini-market potential, and optimizing mini-markets.
This role will be responsible for the Real Estate PMO application including training, supporting field market planning sessions, and producing scheduled and ad hoc analysis supporting these activities.
Additionally, they work across multiple departments withing US Development (RE COE & Field Offices), works closely with US IT, and fosters key planning information to US Finance.
The job requires a solid understanding of technology, analytical skills, a broad business perspective, and the ability to communicate insights effectively.
This job may require up to 10% travel.
PMO Navigator Tool
- Oversee continue application improve regarding data integrity and key measurements for analysis
- Provide oversight to the data build process including data sources and testing
- Work with I/T team and WW Development team on developing enhancements to the tool, improved reporting, and insightful executive summaries
- Lead all communication aspects of the application including new enhancements and conducting training
- Increase the user base for the tool and the working knowledge for the end users
- Own the PMO competitive data including reviewing data vendors.
Opportunity Analysis/ Market Planning (LTRE)
- Performing statistical and geospatial analysis to quantify overall US and market specific new restaurant opportunities.
- Provide an annual perspective to management and the field on new store opportunities within the U.S.
- Primary leader providing specific market level analysis and planning for new restaurant opportunities supporting the Real Estate COE and LTRE efforts.
- The new store and reinvestment analyses are used for the basis for field staffing and target setting for the 5-year and annual plan processes.
- Responsible for promoting a continuous learning environment by reviewing the applied analytics (data, techniques, and methodologies) supporting best in class real estate research.
- Liaison between the field development teams, the Real Estate COE, and the Worldwide Development team on the use of these tools
- Provide ad hoc analysis and reporting on new store results.
- Provide perspective identifying and investigating potential new data sources.
- Oversee and manage key site and market data views in Alteryx to support customer needs to be used for quick reference to support common questions and presentations.
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- 5+ years experience
- Degree in finance, accounting, economics, statistics, data analytics, urban planning or GIS
- Creative business problem solving and analyzing situations and applying critical thinking
- Strong planning skills with attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and deadline focused
- Must be comfortable working with large data sets
- Strong storytelling and communication skills and the ability to influence internal partners
- Experience interacting and influencing other at management level
- Previous management experience
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Experience establishing and managing relationships with individuals at various levels of the organization
- Experience working with IT support teams is also a plus
- Demonstrates continuous learning
- Strong technical skills (PowerBI, Alteryx, Smartsheet, Esri)
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4346H_743999893758728