Real Estate Lead - ASIA BUSINESS UNIT (SGP or HK)
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognised brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food and service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are passionate about modernising our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our outstanding team. Joining McDonald’s means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as an opportunity to have an impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Company Vision and Culture
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and we are working hard to be the best-loved restaurant company.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better together
With huge growth opportunities in Asia; this position offers the qualified applicant the opportunity to lead & work with our markets to support this accelerated growth.
The key purpose of the position is to assist the Development Lead to approve new openings & closings; train all ABU markets’ real estate leads to understand the ABU and Global requirements; bridge any gaps identified by providing guidance, tools or resources; and coordinate specialized training needs to markets with Global resources.
The individual will work with markets and global development team on their market potential assessment; review mapping and market quests; PMO (Profit Market Optimization - Global Real Estate tools) execution; support markets on pipeline building and management; conduct post opening review with markets, etc.
The successful applicant will be part of a high performing, high impact team and will continue to grow development & system knowledge. He/she will influence decisions, and grow personally by developing stronger communications skills, expanding development knowledge, influencing at a higher level that can help prepare him/her for future career.
The candidate needs to build the capability to understand business metrics and work as a team with other functions. Overtime, the candidate also needs to learn Design & Construction areas so as to gain holistic development knowledge to help markets to build new restaurants which are profitable with sustainable growth opportunities.
Key stakeholders are expected to include other members of the Asia Business Unit team, Global Development team, Development Licensees/MD’s and their Real Estate & Development, S&I, Finance and Operations teams. The position will report to the Development Lead, Asia Business Unit.
- Represent the McDonald's brand and system and creates the accountability level to ensure that restaurants in the markets meet with set plan and target.
- Leading and partnering with markets to build system and tools to determine right locations and building pipelines to support the accelerated growth.
- Partner with Global development team to identify best practices and align strategies to optimize assigned markets potential.
- Responsible in overseeing all real estate matters.
- Demonstrating and reinforcing the McDonald’s Values, Leadership competencies, partnership to gain commitment from market’s teams.
- Site reviews/approvals- Support and advise markets on new locations and closings for all real estate matters. This will include checking all RE matrix were met. In markets where McDonald’s approval is required, this individual will be the subject matter expert and provide support to development lead to signoff the required approvals.
- Support, consult and guide markets - Be available to support/consult with markets and to assist markets to identify potential opportunities.
- Leverage and build RE tools for all markets with Global development - To partner with Global Development team in building Trade area survey, use of big data, mapping, market quests to build pipelines. To support markets to leverage Real Estate tools to support development strategy and plan.
- Training - Develop tools and standard - Train up markets to understand Global requirements by conducting workshop and developing tools or booklets to educate and train markets to adhere to McDonald’s standards.
- Monthly tracking with markets - Track new/re-imaged restaurants projection against plan.
- Post Opening review with markets - Conduct post opening review with markets on new/re-imaged restaurants.
- Degree and experience in the field of Real Estate, Development; or a related business discipline
- 8 years or above relevant experience in Real Estate, QSR or other related fields.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office
- Good business acumen
- Willing to live with the values of McDonald’s: -
- Serve: We put our customers and people first
- Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
- Integrity: We do the right thing
- Community: We are good neighbours
- Family: We get better together
- Proactivity seeks best practices & shared learnings
- A self-starter with ability to work independently and efficiently with ability to set ones’ self-goals.
- A high level of interpersonal skills and a flexible mindset - desire to work in a dynamic team across time zones and with very different audiences and levels.
- A good team player with strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative and persuasive - almost 100% of the work to be done will be delivered through partnering with and influencing others.
- Cultural sensitivity and understanding.
- Travel in Asian countries are required.
This role can be located in either our Hong Kong or Singapore office.
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF3966Q_743999864085611