Real Estate Analyst
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
Provides the geo-spatial analytics support for the field execution teams with regards to sales estimation, impact analysis, ad hoc analysis and mapping needs.
The primary customers are the area real estate managers and real estate managers in the field. The position will leverage block level population data summarized for software created trade area to resolve quantified sales factors. The sales estimating data will be used in a number of estimating methods to determine a final estimate which will then be field validated.
This position provides the data collecting and crunching to establish estimating methods. This position will collaborate with the field teams to finalize sales estimates. This will also include estimates on sales transfer from closed stores and better relocation analysis.
This position will provide insight into impact analysis through field research interviews and data collection which will result in modeling factors. This analysis will involve not only McDonalds new stores opens, competitor activity, and other reinvestments and the sales impact on surrounding stores.
The job requires an advanced knowledge of statistical methods and quantitative analysis using regression and other modeling. It requires a working knowledge of mapping software to provide ad hoc support to the field teams.
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principle accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Gather data from internal and external sources in support of analyses
- Performs analyses employing various statistical and trending techniques, incorporating both internal characteristics and external market data.
- Researches and develops statistical methodologies based on the analysis of performance measurement information.
- Completes various ad hoc projects in a dynamic environment
- Employs data organization and mining techniques to identify trends and opportunities for the business
- Develops clear, concise and compelling summaries of finding’s and builds summary reporting
- Defines distribution lists and facilitates reporting packages and analysis findings
- Facilitates knowledge sharing of standard processes identified through interaction with team members and internal field customers.
- Building a database of external and internal data for use in analysis
- Developing problem solving skills based on a growing knowledge of the current business issues
- Converting complex data relationships into action items for the field execution teams and leadership
- Consults and defines requirements for enhancements to tools
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Requirements include 3+ years of experience and a working knowledge of the McDonald’s real estate, statistical analysis, data mining, and good communications.
- Degree in Math, Statistics, Finance, or Real Estate required.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel/Access, or Alteryx required.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.