Quality Systems Manager - Nutrition & Regulatory Affairs
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Quality Systems Manager- Nutrition & Regulatory Affairs
Department: Supply Chain Management
Position band: Supervisor/Consultant
Reports to: Senior Manager Quality Systems
Type of position: Contract (12 Month Mat Leave)
Who we are
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best talent. We've built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We're problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, are committed to personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.
This role is a contract opportunity on the Quality team reporting to the Senior Manager Quality Systems. Based out of the Toronto Headquarters, where we work a hybrid in/out office model, the candidate has a national responsibility for food regulatory compliance. This includes working closely with all suppliers, our Menu Development, Marketing and Strategy teams to validate all claims, nutrition facts and global compliance measures. The QS Manager Nutrition and Regulatory Affairs represents McDonald’s on McDonald’s global committees, at industry retail and restaurant councils and participates in collaboration with legal on new initiatives such as Marketing to Children and impact strategies.
Who you are
You are confident and independent in providing regulatory and nutritional guidance and guardrails to all levels of the business. You enjoy collaborating on strategic brand initiatives that will provide improved guest experience. You have a lengthy track record of zero non-defensible errors with government and are well versed in Genesis, labelling, and application of food and drug regulations. You are efficient and confident in your time management skills, and can thrive in an environment with many internal customers with short turnaround times.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on central initiatives.
- Manage our nutrition and ingredient database and files to ensure accuracy and compliance with company guidelines and Canadian regulations.
- Effectively work with suppliers to obtain and critically review ingredients, nutrition and formula information for innovation, renovation and contingency projects as well as proactively lead government labelling updates (e.g. Modernization of food labelling).
- Develop compliant Nutrition Facts tables, ingredient statements and allergen labelling for our products and assure timely and effective updates to our guest facing web portals with the IT department.
- Support internal departments in creation and review of food and nutritional claims, product names and descriptions ensuring compliance while showcasing our products on general merchandise and advertising, working closely with the legal, marketing, and digital teams.
- Network with global and strategic market partners on forward thinking initiatives for the brand.
- Coordinate lab analysis to substantiate claims and NFTs with local and global laboratories.
- Support internal departments by answering category, product, ingredient or nutritional inquiries that includes modelling to meet global or regulated bundle requirements.
- Represent McDonald’s Canada on Global Nutrition Committee, Restaurants Canada and Retail Council.
- Provide guidance and competency building for third party logistics and distribution channel.
- Participate in supplier facility tours and on-site competency training for supplier regulatory staff.
- Exhibit an in-depth knowledge of products, nutrition topics and the corporate position, translating all information into potential business and brand opportunities.
- Act as company watchdog to emerging regulatory issues, government public warnings and other potential threats.
- Stay current with technical developments in nutrition science and key health and wellness trends.
- The Education: Food Science, Nutritional Science or equivalent.
- The Experience: food and/or foodservice industry in regulatory affairs or nutrition management. Fluent in Food and Drug Act and regulations, Safe Food for Canadians regulations, Consumer Packaging and Labelling regulations, Food import requirements, ability to communicate effectively with Health Canada, Canadian Food Inspection Agency, or National Public Health, with recall management experience.
- Technical skills: Fluent in Genesis, Microsoft office, Adobe, Power BI/dashboarding, Microsoft Teams and SharePoint, Change Management, Document control.
- Collaborative and communication skills: Ability to positively influence others in ways that inspire them to act and/or change perspective and incorporate nutritional and regulatory considerations into brand impact initiatives. You can communicate effectively with all audiences, including executive leadership.
- Nice to have: Ability to speak French is an asset. Experience in Crisis management is a plus.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Req ID: REF4319K_743999885464868
- Quality Assurance