Project Manager - Restaurant Performance, US Restaurant Technology
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale. Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
The US Restaurant Technology Support Team’s main goal is to support one of the Global Technology key pillars - Keep Systems Up and Running. This team provides support to our restaurants; aiming to identify enhancements needed to achieve the goal of delivering a greater technology performance and less reliance on help desk support. Support serves as the link between technology products and restaurants and is focused on continuous improvement of all elements of the US Technology platform.
The US Restaurant Technology Performance Manager will:
- Implement a proactive restaurant success approach by working with the Data and Trends team to help identify restaurant health metrics and improve the success and growth for restaurants through their utilization of these metrics
- Identify areas of improvement, respond to challenges or struggles, demonstrate value of improvement opportunities, and partner with Owner/Operators to meet their goals
- Serve as the point of contact for changes of ownership, understanding and helping restaurants effectively make updates to technology during this period Core Responsibilities:
- Establish and monitor data and metrics around restaurant success, creating, managing, and regularly reviewing restaurant assessment products
- Partner with the Support Data and Trends team to identify high-performing stores and understand the key factors producing that success
- Identify lower 20% of stores and analyze what technology factors are leading to increased incidents or low-quality deployments and assess the impact to the business
- Create and implement clear plans and timelines for increasing restaurant success; work with Owner/Operators to implement success plans
- Have a thorough understanding of restaurant needs; drive strategy for identifying opportunities for growth
- Maintain an overview of restaurant health metrics, update status, and keep management and key stakeholders, including Owner/Operators, informed of progress
- Provide customized communication and content for each restaurant and work with those under monitoring to grow usage and product adoption
- Serve as Support Team point of contact for change of ownership technology assistance; understand needs and work to provide timely solutions
- Champion positive and harmonious relationships through effective communication
- Provide the best possible service by understanding restaurant needs, difficulties, and goals
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- College education or 3 years of restaurant technology experience preferred
- Experience in McDonald’s restaurant technology preferred
- Experience working with monitoring and incident management tools, such as Service Now, and project tracking software, such as Jira, preferred
- Clear, professional, and insightful communication style
- Solutions-oriented approach
- Customer-centric mentality
- Ability to connect and facilitate discussions with Owner/Operators and stakeholders
- Meticulous, well organized, analytical and with independent reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Teammate with a strong work ethic
- Creativity in taking on complex tasks head on and generating solutions to complex issue
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.