Project Manager - Product Response, US Restaurant Technology
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale. Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
The US Restaurant Technology Support Team’s main goal is to support one of the Global Technology key pillars - Keep Systems Up and Running. This team provides support to our restaurants; aiming to identify enhancements needed to achieve the goal of delivering a greater technology performance and less reliance on help desk support. Support serves as the link between technology products and restaurants and is focused on continuous improvement of all elements of the US Technology platform.
The US Restaurant Technology Product Response Manager will:
- Oversee core product group incident escalation and trend identification, ensure offshore support team resolves restaurant incidents
- Analyze and monitor data and metrics to identify incident trends and call out to the Support Solutions Team for root cause resolution
- Participate in Major Incident Management (MIM) as incidents arise, relaying key information to Support and Technology partners
- Key customers include multi-functional teams within US Technology, Field Offices, Operations, Product Development Teams, Deployment Services, Owner/Operators, and Suppliers
- Provide full support and guidance for problems and questions of a core product group; serves as domain expert for these products while representing the Support team as updates and new deployments are initiated
- Cross-train in all Support product areas to effectively provide backup to other team members as needed
- Serve as lead product point of contact for the outsourced support team and foster positive and cooperative relationships with those teams
- Facilitate the resolution of support related incidents from the field, Home Office, and Operators and the Help Desk Vendors
- Analyze and monitor data and metrics around ticket incidents, time to resolution, escalation frequency, and field technology partner incident resolution
- Identify incident trends and advance to the Support Solutions team for root cause resolution in order to minimize future need for help desk support
- Serve as the point of contact for Support during a Major Incident Management (MIM) and lead process and involved parties to fast resolution
- Provide critical information to key stakeholders during system outages or other high-priority incidents whenever required, even during off-peak/holiday hours
- Maintain involvement in product enhancement and new deployments with the product teams within core assigned group, gathering key information and being the voice and advocate for the Support team
- Cultivate strong relationships and collaboration through effective communication between teams within US Technology, Global Technology, and vendors
- Identify knowledge gaps in materials vendors use
- Deliver the best possible Owner/Operator and restaurant crew experience with US Technology products & services by understanding restaurant needs, struggles, and goals
- Provide status updates on incidents to management and key stakeholders
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- College Degree or 5 years of restaurant technology experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of point of sale (POS) and digital systems preferred
- Experience working with monitoring and incident management tools such as Service Now preferred
- Available during outages or incidents, as needed, even during off peak/holiday hours
- Clear, professional, and informative communication style
- Solutions-oriented approach
- Customer-centric demeanor
- Meticulous, well organized, analytical and with independent reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Standout colleague with a strong work ethic
- Occasional travel required
- Role is Chicago-based, working primarily on-site at McDonald’s Headquarter
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.