Project Manager (Construction) WA
McDonald’s Australia is the largest quick service restaurant operation in the country. Fondly known as "Macca's", we have been a household name in Australia for over 50 years, we believe that our customers are the heart and soul of everything we do and make it our mission to make every moment count! As an employer of choice winner time and time again, working with us means taking pride and having fun along the way; while growing and developing your career in a dynamic and supportive environment.Job Description:
Could you be our next Project Manager (Construction)?
As the Construction Project Manager, you will lead the development of new restaurants and remodeling existing restaurants. What can you expect on a day-to-day basis?
- Partnering with internal departments on the execution and management of multiple projects from concept to opening
- Evaluating and incorporating vendor/lessor deal, associated reports and governing authority requirements into project development (i.e. Scope of Works, program, costings)
- Co-ordinating and evaluating site Investigation reports including the availability of services, geotechnical and contamination assessments
- Managing and liaising with governing authorities during approval and development process
- Managing the development of project documentation, ensuring compliance with all departmental procedures and processes.
- Project managing the construction process incorporating regular communication meetings with all parties (i.e. Licensee, Operations, Contractors, Suppliers) to ensure the awareness of issues and progress is maintained and Site Safety plans are executed.
- Project managing construction to budget
- Coordinating the Handover Process (incorporating all disciplines and suppliers) to ensure the operations (licensee) personnel are fully briefed on the operation and maintenance of all items
- Managing the tender process, negotiation, evaluation and appointment of contractors/nominated subcontractors and suppliers
- Completing final cost analysis
- Investigating critical incidents as required by National Incident Coordinator and implement required rectification
- Administrating the defects/liability period post opening
- Ensuring the As-Builts Warranties/Guarantees documentation is finalized and that completed project documentation is archived
Your keys to success:
- Tertiary qualifications in construction
- QSR or retail construction background is advantageous
- Knowledgeable and maintains a strong understanding of Development Group minimum standards and policies and procedures, environmental standards (Company and legislative) and WHS practices (Company and legislative)
- Able to travel regionally and interstate as projects require
- Well-organised, methodical and demonstrated project management skills; able to set and work to tight deadlines and at a fast pace
The Maccas Difference
- Reward + Recognition programs, along with discounts and benefits
- Professional development opportunities (including tuition assistance options)
- Highly flexible work environment (including WFH)
- Wellbeing initiatives, including EAP supports and on-site gym (Thornleigh office only)
- Global network and opportunities
- Private health insurance
- 5th week of annual leave (for permanent employees)
As an equal opportunity employer, we strongly encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures and experiences. We strive to make every moment through the recruitment process a feel-good moment for everyone. Let us know if we can provide any reasonable accommodations to enable you to participate in the job application and interview process, if you'd like to note your pronouns or have suggestions for how we can improve in this space.
So if you are an energetic and experienced Architect or Engineer who is eager for a career change with a market leading brand connected to over 5 million customers and ample opportunity for personal growth, then APPLY today. You will be directed to an external link to apply.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4581V_743999904493628
- Project Management