Project Coordinator Industrial Placement
Who are McDonald’s?
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognised brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food and service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are passionate about modernising our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our outstanding team. Joining McDonald’s means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as an opportunity to have an impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Company Vision and Culture
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s, we are working hard to be the best-loved restaurant company.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better togetherJob Description:
We’ve got an amazing opportunity for an ambitious undergraduate. A 12-month, full-time industrial placement within a fast-paced Global cross-functional team. You’ll be encouraged to try new things, push yourself and learn while you get hands-on experience with an exciting and dynamic project. You’ll have access to a wide variety of workshops and resources, to help you develop skills like presenting with confidence and effective influencing. As long as you’re curious, you’ll find it easy to build your network, and learn from others.
Reusable legislation is passed in countries around the world and an EU proposal bans disposables for dine-in & sets 40-80% targets for take-out between 2030-2040. Over 5000 McDonald’s restaurants are already legislated, and this continues to expand rapidly to new markets, with the scope varying by market and sometimes even by city.
Without intervention, the introduction of reusable packaging has a wide raging impact for our customers and restaurants. In Summer 2022, McDonald’s established a Global cross-functional team to coordinate a centralized response. Our goal is to develop and deploy solutions in legislated markets, with a focus on maintaining customer experience, minimizing cost, environmental impact and operational complexity while outperforming competitors.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to be part of our Global response. Supporting the Reusable Implementation team strengthen and protect the McDonald’s consumer-facing brand and complying with legislation. The role will be focused on project management of complex deployment to multiple markets.
Legislative obligations drive the need for an agile approach to work, and will suit someone with energy and an innovative and quick-thinking mindset. Over 12 months we will deploy solutions at pace, this will require us to test & learn to get solutions into markets quickly. Taking a progress over perfection approach, that will require flexibility, a new mindset for our markets and candid feedback to develop solutions for our restaurants.
What will my accountabilities be?
The role will require you to:
- Support market deployment, cocreating joint plans with legislated markets to ensure solutions are implement on time.
- Track progress across project timelines for multiple markets to keep deployments on plan, and administer the overall project budget.
- Engage with Reuse Deployment Leads, developing content and utilizing presentation skills to transfer knowledge, maintaining a bank of project resources for the team. This will develop your project management and delivery skills.
- Maintain the team’s internal internet pages, utilising knowledge from SME to effectively communicate updates and deployment support to markets. This will provide you will knowledge of web page design and maintenance.
- You will be expected to build collaborative relationships with interdependent workstream partners and Market Leads across different time zones. Some international travel may be required.
What Team will I be a part?
The Implementation team are a group of SME developing our Global solution, the team come from a diverse background and skillset, including our Development, Menu, Equipment, Technology, Food Safety, Communications and Operations functions. We also team up with suppliers and our key packaging partner.
The team are based in our Chicago head office, working from several European markets. We value our strong teamwork credentials and how we support each other. Progress is only achieved through successful collaboration across all functions.
You will work closely with the Implementation Lead and Operations and Deployment lead, working from a base primarily in our Global Office in Shoreditch, London.
Who are my customers?
The Cross-functional Leads, Market Reusable Leads in McDonald’s organisations principally in Europe, but also in North America, Latin America and Asia.Qualifications:
What background do I need to have?
The applicant should be studying towards a Bachelor's degree - preferably in business, sustainability or other relevant fields. Please note that our intern opportunities are only open to students who will be returning to their studies following their placement with us.
The individual should have a strong desire to learn, willingness to engage with partners around the world, have some understanding of project management. We are looking for an under-graduate who can put the theory learnt as part of a degree course into a business context. The role requires:
- Synthesize information quickly
- Adapt quickly and easily to new or changing conditions
- Demonstrate a genuine desire and capacity to understand and relate to others
- Strong written and verbal communication, influencing and facilitation skills.
- Confidence to put forward suggestions for improvement.
- Ability to work at both a detailed and high level.
- Ability to be pro-active, self-starter with a high level of initiative.
- Ability to prioritise activities, work under pressure and multi-task.
- Competent knowledge of MS Office suite (specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Individual must be outgoing, inquisitive, and confident with a professional approach.
- Strong numerical and reasoning skills.
- Confidence to communicate with management.
- Ability to work remotely from home when required.
- CV and cover letter submission
- Assessment Day - including presentation, group task and interview
- Final Interview
Benefits/ Job Information:
- 52 weeks contract (typically Summer 2023 to Summer 2024)
- £20,000 (plus £3,000 London Weighting Allowance if applicable)
- 28 days' Annual Leave per year, plus bank holidays
- Dress for your day’ Casual attire when working in our offices
- Access to discounts at over 1,600 retailers, including McDonald’s, through the McDonald’s employees discounts website
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Internship
Req ID: REF4424W_743999893647623