Product Engineering Manager, US Hardware Solutions
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale. Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
We are looking for a highly skilled Project Engineering Manager to lead multiple technical projects in support of the restaurant technology and innovations deployed in 13,000 US McDonald’s restaurants. This includes emerging technologies such as self-order kiosks, servers, integrated POS terminals, payment, digital menu boards, biometric readers, and more.
This position provides the opportunity to build relationships with a variety of McDonald’s product owners, suppliers, and franchisees. The team operates in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities that’ll be good for those that are quick to adapt while looking to experience various technologies.
This role is based at our McDonald’s Global Headquarters in Chicago, IL.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Lead multiple tech projects through initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and completion, applying established frameworks and PM methodologies
- Work with cross-functional teams throughout the life of the project to ensure Global team alignment from development, deployment, and support
- Research new technologies and build product roadmaps to meet future business needs
- Evaluate McDonald’s technology suppliers and other industry leaders’ product roadmaps and communicate opportunities to improve restaurant technology
- Partner with McDonald’s owner operators, suppliers, and internal teams to advocate for innovation and modernize our restaurant technology portfolio.
- Visit McDonald’s restaurants to gather feedback from crew and rethink approaches to improve guest experience with new technology.
- Support and assist in daily meetings and technical projects
- Understand McDonalds business requirements to help produce quality outcomes and adapt to new challenges as they arise.
- Have a leadership mentality and highest level of commitment to ensure projects are managed efficiently, on schedule, and on target.
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Solid technical background and understanding of Microsoft Windows Server and Hyper V, Linux, iOT devices and standardizations related technology field.
- Ability to understand complex integration needs and work with multiple teams to drive alignment, and certify the integration of hardware with point-of-sale system
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, often changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Good interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to understand business requirements to translate into technical understanding.
- Solid grasp of the Software Development Life Cycle including Agile development practices
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware, software, networks, and operating systems.
- Accomplishes organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add new value to company initiatives.
- Hardworking facilitator who leads strategy creation and planning discussions.
- Curious, task-oriented, and a self-starter, with a proven track record of "getting things done."
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.