Product Engineering Manager - U.S. Restaurant Systems
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we're excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
We are the US Technology Team. We are a tight-knit, forward-thinking team of technologists that puts McDonald's solutions in the hands of customers and crew. Our technology powers tens of millions of orders every single day - serving almost 10% of the US population daily! We are hardworking leaders, who use technology to create a better and more innovative McDonald’s. We are technical and functional authorities that are accountable to ensure that features are developed and delivered with high quality and meet business needs and drive business outcomes.
We are looking for a Product Engineering Manager that will be responsible for managing product life cycle, market strategy, road map, feature prioritization, requirements, development, and market adoption for our Restaurant Systems. Working with our restaurant product architects and custom application development team the Product Engineering Manager will be expected to identify opportunities to optimize systems, adopt industry standard methodologies, simplify upgrade processes, and standardize integrations with 3rd party systems. To be successful the Product Engineering Manager must develop strong partnerships with global product owners, development teams, deployment and support teams, and business stakeholders to drive desired outcomes. This role will report to the Sr. Product Engineering Manager, US Restaurant Systems.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Lead delivery of timely, high-quality, effective features/enhancements/builds for Restaurant Systems
- Leading development squads/vendor teams in evolution and testing of Restaurant Systems
- Lead demos and showcase new features to critical partners
- Building out, maintaining, and prioritizing/grooming user stories, roadmaps, and aligning across US and Global partners
- Managing consultants and vendor partners to successful, collaborative outcomes
- Providing application deployment and support to the US market as well as ensuring adoption of Global Technology engineering capabilities
- Ensure alignment of product roadmaps with US strategy and, where applicable, Global Technology Product roadmaps and vendor roadmaps
- Support a critical transformation effort to modernize McDonald’s Global POS platform working with Global Technology and third-party vendors
- Understand and anticipate operations, crew, customer, and business needs
- Work closely with peer product managers across all channels and capabilities to prioritize initiatives, find opportunities for collaboration, and coordinate product development and delivery
- Guide quality testing and pilot testing for new product releases and features
- Willingness and ability to live the McDonald’s values every day: Serve, Inclusion, Integrity, Community, and Family.
- 5+ years of relevant professional work experience
- 2+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager or Product Manager eliciting/defining requirements, designing systems solutions, and managing business requirements
- 1+ years of experience with agile development methodologies
- Proactive, self-motivated, and accountable team player
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline is highly desired
- Experience working in McDonald's restaurants or equivalent QSRs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, often changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Ability to balance multiple priorities successfully
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.