Product Engineering Manager - Global Mobile App
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, splitting our time between remote work and connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
The Product Engineering Manager is responsible for overseeing all Mobile App and digital channel releases for the US Market from planning through deployment. Through this role, the PEM will collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders to understand market specific requests as well as with the Global Product team to understand what functionality will be available to the market and help prioritize market requests.
* Work with a cross functional team to oversee Mobile App releases for the US Market from planning through deployment
* Develop, communicate release updates, roadmaps with various Stakeholders across the US Market
* Collaborate with Global Product Managers across all mobile feature capabilities to align on product delivery
* Write and refine feature stories and maintain an organized product backlog for market product requests
* Managing the integration of the global releases into the US tech stack
* Assist in story tracking and acceptance during development.
* Manage Deployment/upgrade planning and coordination
* Stakeholder management to influence our Digital and Engineering partners.
* Identify and implement process efficiencies across systems and resources within the US Mobile App team
* Review and prioritize defects impacting customers.
* Serve as a point-person for US Mobile App questions and be able to dig deep into problems to help find a solution.
* Build and maintain documentation of new feature releases for market consumption.
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Minimum of 4 years working in an agile environment, preferably with customer-facing, mobile and digital products.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills.
- Proven ability to work with and influence cross functional team and stakeholders.
- Superior interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience leading complex, cross-functional projects.
- Familiarity with native software development tools and platform standard methodologies.
- Curious and a self-starter with a strong bias for action; Consistent track record of "getting things done".
- Expertise in digital project and product planning - including feature/defect prioritization, trade-off processes, roadmap creation and timeline planning.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to clearly articulate ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Creative problem solver able to look to the future beyond the ways things have typically been done
- Strong, demonstrated track record of partnership, organizational skills and collaboration required.
- Ability to lead and collaborate with a diverse work group and excellent decision-making
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.