McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru and Development). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
As a key member of the global enterprise architecture team that defines enterprise architecture strategy, north star capability and architecture blueprints, architecture standards, and drives holistic execution and realization of the architecture vision, this principal architect will be playing a critical role in providing the architecture thought leadership along with execution influence across supply chain, people, finance, restaurant development and ESG domains.
- Establish holistic technology & architecture vision, strategy, standards, and capability target state & roadmaps that set coherent context and direction for the EPP- (Enterprise Products & Platforms) supported global functions, including supply chain, people, finance, restaurant development and ESG (Environment, Social and Governance) .
- Be a thought partner and work in close collaboration with respective business/strategy teams to define and maintain target state business architecture as well as evolution/migration architecture strategies and roadmaps.
- Lead the EA strategic technology and architecture decision governance for the big rock initiatives in the EPP space.
- Provide guidance to product and engineering teams on solution & integration design, implementation, and standardization.
- Effectively apply architecture principles and expertise (e.g. DDD for clean domain boundaries, composability), and drive agility, simplification, and standardization, while ensuring privacy & security, reliability, scalability and performance.
- Mentor other architects and play a key role in maturing the enterprise architecture practice.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in large scale enterprise systems and integrated solutions.
- Development and integration of complex systems; with at least 3+ years in leading architecture/design roles for large-scale complex systems and problem solving.
- Good industry knowledge and understanding for one or more business functional domains, including innovations, data privacy & AI safety regulations and solution frameworks industry trends.
- Hands-On leadership experience in large-scale cloud-native implementations on one or more leading cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud.
- Strong analytical and architectural modeling skills. Well-Versed in key architecture concepts and principles, including DDD, microservices, REST APIs, viewpoints, and perspectives, etc.
- Experience with all facets of architecture and engineering including application development, data platforms, infrastructure, and deployment.
- Exposure to an enterprise level, global technology landscape and a proven ability to establish standards and define future roadmaps for a global company.
- Ability to partner with business and technology stakeholders to define and communicate values and outcome of new or evolving capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in large enterprise digital transformation.
- Systems thinker.
- Ability to analyze complex problems from technology, business model and process, as well as organizational lens.
- Ability to manage ad hoc demands along with organizational priorities and set realistic expectations.
- A self-initiated influencer, and strong stakeholder management.
- Proven success in leadership role and vision.
- Capable of working with technology and business leadership to align technical roadmaps to key business strategies and goals.
- Demonstrable ability to coordinate multi-functional teams of IT professionals, business executives, and other key partners towards common goals and objectives.
- Familiar with modern product management and engineering methodologies.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.