Principal Architect, Infrastructure
McDonald’s evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first, and uses our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the meaningful role technology plays as the leading, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technology, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day.
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of cutting-edge opportunities for the business. At McDonald’s you get to solve technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always eager for a challenge. This provides access to exciting career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
As a key member of the global enterprise architecture team that defines enterprise architecture strategy, north star capability and architecture blueprints, architecture standards, and drives holistic execution and realization of the architecture vision, the principal architect - infrastructure will be playing a critical role in providing the architecture thought leadership along with execution influence across our global technology and business organizations.
- Establish holistic enterprise-level technology vision, strategy, standards, and capability roadmaps that set coherent context and direction connecting key cloud & on-prem infrastructure initiatives with products & platforms transformation journeys for both commercial and enterprise domains.
- Design and develop infrastructure architectures, standards, and specifications for products & platforms (both commercial & enterprise) supporting current and future business needs.
- Represent EA infrastructure point of view in strategic initiatives to advise and develop short and long-term infrastructure roadmaps.
- Work in close collaboration with domain architects within global technology infrastructure and operations, as well as within commercial and enterprise products & platforms teams, to provide guidance and gain alignment for infrastructure design, implementation, and standardization.
- Ensure infrastructure design adheres to organization policies, standards, and guidelines on security and compliance.
- Apply EA capability modeling framework and domain-driven design principles in defining the to-be state architecture, capability domain boundaries and evolution strategy.
- Define OKRs and KPIs for EA infrastructure practice and drive measurable outcomes.
- Lead highly strategic infrastructure initiatives and drive key technology decision and alignment at executive level.
- Mentor other architects and play a key role in maturing the infrastructure architecture practice.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in hands-on Infrastructure design of compute, network and storage; Development and integration of complex systems; with at least 3+ years in leading architecture/design roles for large-scale complex systems and problem solving.
- Relevant infrastructure architecture or engineering experience with developing solutions leveraging cloud infrastructure services, integration platforms, container orchestration, databases, API mediation & messaging systems.
- Hands-On leadership experience in large-scale cloud migration/transformation on one or more leading cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud.
- Experience in implementing infrastructure as code tools and practices, such as Terraform.
- Strong analytical and architectural modeling skills. Well-Versed in key architecture concepts and principles, including DDD, microservices, REST APIs, viewpoints, and perspectives, etc.
- Experience with all facets of architecture and engineering including application development, data platforms, infrastructure, and deployment. Experience delivering large-scale cloud-native solutions.
- Exposure to an enterprise level, global technology landscape and a proven ability to establish standards and define future roadmaps for a global company.
- Ability to partner with business and technology stakeholders to define and communicate values and outcome of new or evolving capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in large enterprise digital transformation.
- Systems thinker.
- Ability to analyze complex problems from technology, business model and process, as well as organizational lens.
- Ability to manage ad hoc demands along with organizational priorities and set realistic expectations.
- A self-initiated influencer, and strong stakeholder management.
- Proven success in leadership role and vision.
- Capable of working with technology and business leadership to align technical roadmaps to key business strategies and goals.
- Demonstrable ability to coordinate multi-functional teams of IT professionals, business executives, and other key partners towards common goals and objectives.
- Familiar with modern product management and engineering methodologies.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.