Portfolio and ePMO Officer (12 Months FTC)
McDonald's is the largest family restaurant in the world, serving approximately 69 million customers across 36,000 restaurants a day; in more than 100 countries. The UK & Ireland market is one of the most successful entities across the wider business, serving on average 4 million people a day. It has operated in UK since 1974 and the business is growing continuously with more than 1,400 restaurants and over 154,000 employees.
McDonald’s UK & Ireland has a proven track record of investing in the development of its employees and offering flexibility as part of its dedication to being a modern and progressive company. Every year, it invests over £40 million in developing people, giving every one of its employees the opportunity to take part in structured training.
McDonald’s buys ingredients from over 17,500 British and Irish farmers and spends over £1.1billion annually on its food and packaging requirements. McDonald’s is committed to supporting British and Irish farmers to ensure it can continue to source many of its ingredients from the UK and Ireland.
McDonald’s is a market leader in its field, striving for the highest standard of quality, speed and restaurant experience. Re-generation of our restaurant infrastructure, covering digital ordering, re-imaging and dual-point service make working at McDonald’s more exciting than ever!
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
We're a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand in the world by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel-good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
Company Vision and Culture
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and, in the UK, and Ireland we are working hard to be the UK & Irelands best-loved restaurant company.
McDonald’s is defined by its culture. Our culture shapes and informs everything we think and everything we do. Our culture influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with customers, franchisees and suppliers. Our culture motivates and inspires us to attract and retain great talent, creating positive, energising, exceptional working environment for us all.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better togetherJob Description:
This role is based in our East Finchley office working 3 days in the office and 2 days remotely.
As the Portfolio & ePMO Officer you will play a pivotal role in the Portfolio & ePMO team, with a significant focus on the portfolio element including the intake/prioritisation of projects.
This role requires excellent attention to detail and a strong ability to join the dots, along with a passion helping shape the future improvement and evolution of the team.
What will my accountabilities be?
- Managing the intake of new projects with the support of the Portfolio Analyst. In particular, you will:
- be accountable for the collating and challenging the technical details of new projects
- ensure all concept and exploration outputs are to a high standard
- define the recommendations for the decision-makers at the various stages of the intake process
- support the Portfolio Analyst in dealing with some of the more senior/trickier stakeholders during the intake process
- support the Portfolio Analyst with developing the understanding across the organisation of the intake process
- Completing all pre-reads in relation to the portfolio (typically for a leadership audience)
- Compiling reports on the portfolio and manage ad-hoc requests for portfolio information
- Ensuring the portfolio details and associated roadmap (i.e. the ‘Car park’ Plan) are continually up to date - challenging missing information, and movements as required
- Continually seeking to improve the Portfolio process (with the approval of the Portfolio and ePMO Manager)
- Developing the Portfolio Analyst, using your experience to support them in building their own skills in the portfolio space.
- Connecting with the rest of the Portfolio and ePMO Team to understand details of in-flight project that impact the portfolio.
- Supporting with broader Change Team activities as required given the natural peak and trough in portfolio activities
What Team will I be a part?
The role is part of the Portfolio & ePMO team whom ensure that the business are focused on delivering the right projects, in the best way, to achieve our business goals.
Beyond this you sit within the broader Change Team, working alongside project and programme managers who are responsible for delivering McDonalds’ most strategic and cross-functional projects.
Who are my customers?
The nature of the role means you will interact with a broad spectrum of stakeholders across the business. Your key customers include:
- Change Leadership Team
- Technology Leadership Team
- Change Steering Group
What background do I need to have?
- Portfolio planning experience (inc. experience with Smartsheet as a portfolio management tool)
- Experience in scoping and developing business cases for new ideas/projects
- Experience in scoping and delivering Technical projects
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with an ability to extract information, influence, facilitate and challenge appropriately
- Experience leading and developing others
- Be able to pull together multiple sources of data/complex information and be able to tell a cohesive single story
- Be able to work under general direction within a clear framework and plan your own work to meet given objectives and processes
- Be adaptable to changing demands and a face paced environment
- Self-starter, self-motivated with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Highly proficient IT skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project
- Experience in both Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- PMO experience (as a central team or working as PMO on a project)
- Knowledge of project and change tools/artefacts in a typical project lifecycle
- Relevant industry experience
At McDonald’s we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do and they make the McDonald’s experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers.
We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers gives us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonald’s or elsewhere.
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4552V_743999928116013
- Information Technology