PMO Specialist- Resource and Capacity
McDonald's is the largest family restaurant in the world, serving approximately 69 million customers across 36,000 restaurants a day: in more than 100 countries. The UK & Ireland market is one of the most successful entities across the wider business, serving on average 4 million people a day. It has operated in UK since 1974 and the business is growing continuously with more than 1,400 restaurants and over 154,000 employees.
McDonald’s UK & Ireland has a proven track record of investing in the development of its employees and offering flexibility as part of its dedication to being a modern and progressive company. Every year, it invests over £40 million in developing people, giving every one of its employees the opportunity to take part in structured training.
McDonald’s buys ingredients from over 17,500 British and Irish farmers and spends over £1.1billion annually on its food and packaging requirements. McDonald’s is committed to supporting British and Irish farmers to ensure it can continue to source many of its ingredients from the UK and Ireland.
McDonald’s is a market leader in its field, striving for the highest standard of quality, speed and restaurant experience. Re-generation of our restaurant infrastructure, covering digital ordering, re-imaging and dual-point service make working at McDonald’s more exciting than ever!
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
We're a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand in the world by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel-good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
Company Vision and Culture
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and, in the UK, and Ireland we are working hard to be the UK & Irelands best-loved restaurant company.
McDonald’s is defined by its culture. Our culture shapes and informs everything we think and everything we do. Our culture influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with customers, franchisees and suppliers. Our culture motivates and inspires us to attract and retain great talent, creating positive, energising, exceptional working environment for us all.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better togetherJob Description:
What is the purpose of this role?
The EPMO work with stakeholders to support the successful delivery of projects. We take a holistic view and provide capacity planning and resource management to meet strategic business objectives. The PMO Specialist will assess available capacity by checking whether the roles and skills needed are available to meet the demand. They make sure we have the right resources to support the business. It is their job to determine if the current resources are being utilised optimally and if not, to identify what changes should be made. The PMO Specialist will put processes in place to support project initiation by working with function heads to assign appropriately skilled resources to projects.
What team will I be part of?
This role is part of the EPMO (Enterprise Project Management Office) team and is part of the wider Change Team. EPMO is the information hub for projects and portfolios and involves tracking and reporting, assurance and quality control, information management, financial governance, risk and issue tracking, change control, support and knowledge management and resource and capacity management.
Who will my customers be?
- Delivery Leads
- Technology and Change Senior Leadership team
- Product & Deployment Managers
- Change Portfolio Manager
- Global PMO * UK & ROI Change Team
- Business project sponsors
- What will my key accountabilities be?
- Providing guidance to team leads across the business to implement resource management for all projects
- Partner with the Portfolio Management team to provide resource view to enable informed prioritisation decisions
- Track resource availability to facilitate effective project scheduling
- Track resource utilisation and support appropriate allocation of resources to projects
- Own and maintain the single view of resource against demand
- Use metrics to track capacity to support the business planning process
- Develop capacity and capability plans, taking into consideration simple change and BAU activities across internal resources
- Plan, schedule, monitor and report on activities related to the portfolio of resource demand
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders to enable change, make recommendations and present constructive challenge to improve the management of capacity and resource across the business
What background do I need to have?
- 3+ years relevant industry experience in Resource Management, Portfolio Management, Change Management or Enterprise PMO
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to build credibility and long-lasting relationships
- Capable of operating and communicating at all levels including presentations to senior leadership
- Diplomatic ability to influence at all levels
- Excellent mathematical skills and familiarity working with budgets and cost modelling as forecasting, statistical analysis and modelling are part of the job
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and demonstrable experience of undertaking and summarising statistical analysis of multiple data sources
- Experience working in Smartsheet, or other PPM tools are desirable
- Being adaptable to changing demands and a fast-paced environment * A strong customer-centric approach
- Understanding of the importance of detail and organisation
- Familiar with Project Management disciplines and tools are desirable
At McDonald’s we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do, and they make the McDonald’s experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers. We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers gives us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonald’s or elsewhere."
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4019P_743999866775114
- Information Technology