PMO and Finance Manager
McDonald's is the largest family restaurant in the world, serving approximately 69 million customers across 36,000 restaurants a day; in more than 100 countries. The UK & Ireland market is one of the most successful entities across the wider business, serving on average 4 million people a day. It has operated in UK since 1974 and the business is growing continuously with more than 1,400 restaurants and over 154,000 employees.
McDonald’s UK & Ireland has a proven track record of investing in the development of its employees and offering flexibility as part of its dedication to being a modern and progressive company. Every year, it invests over £40 million in developing people, giving every one of its employees the opportunity to take part in structured training.
McDonald’s buys ingredients from over 17,500 British and Irish farmers and spends over £1.1billion annually on its food and packaging requirements. McDonald’s is committed to supporting British and Irish farmers to ensure it can continue to source many of its ingredients from the UK and Ireland.
McDonald’s is a market leader in its field, striving for the highest standard of quality, speed and restaurant experience. Re-generation of our restaurant infrastructure, covering digital ordering, re-imaging and dual-point service make working at McDonald’s more exciting than ever!
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
We're a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand in the world by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel-good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
Company Vision and Culture
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and, in the UK, and Ireland we are working hard to be the UK & Irelands best-loved restaurant company.
McDonald’s is defined by its culture. Our culture shapes and informs everything we think and everything we do. Our culture influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with customers, franchisees and suppliers. Our culture motivates and inspires us to attract and retain great talent, creating positive, energising, exceptional working environment for us all.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better togetherJob Description:
The Technology PMO and Finance Manager works alongside the Global Technology Planning and Alignment team and the UK&I Tech and Change functions. The UK is one of our largest markets and is part of the wider "Lead International Operated Markets (Lead IOM). The PMO & Finance Manager will play a critical role in supporting the Global Technology planning and budgeting process in the UK & Irish markets and feeding this into the overall UK&I Market strategy and finance plans.
They provide the clarity required to the Technology Senior Leadership Team, the Global Segment Business Planning Team, and the wider business of the financial & project health of programmes, projects and initiatives through creation and publishing of management financial reports and dashboards.
What will my accountabilities be?
- Monitor and account for Technology expenditure, including Project TFA, Stock accounts and recharges to projects circa £20 million per year
- Ensure technology portfolio projects are aligned to governance requirements of global and local market
- Develop a detailed understanding of our Technology Products, their dependencies, and how they fit together
- Ensuring all stakeholders in the UK market are aware of key dates provided by the Global Tech team such as National Deployment Ready, to ensure that these timelines are reflected in UK plans for National Deployment Complete and Activation in Market
- Report project status back to global throughout the life cycle of the projects
- Represent UK market in the Global Technology Annual Planning process - gathering input to represent and ensuring outputs are fed back and reflected on market plans to maintain alignment
- Partner with the market Change Team to understand the priorities for the UK&I market
- Ensuring relevant stakeholders in the UK&I market are aware of key dates provided by the Global Tech team such as National Deployment Ready, to ensure that these timelines are reflected in UK&I plans for National Deployment Complete and Activation in Market
- Work with and providing updates to the Change Team portfolio manager to ensure all technology activities ladder up to the portfolio plan
- Partner with the Portfolio Manager to understand the priorities for the UK Market
- Partner with the LIOM Planning and Alignment Team, attending peer team meetings, accept and deliver (appropriate) tasks assigned, participate in group activities and assignments, suggest and implement process improvements for global technology function
- Presenting to the LIOM CIO of progress and governance processes to ensure the timely, accurate and appropriate spend of circa. £3m of global funding
- Identify risks of over or underspend and ensure this is flagged to the Senior Leadership Team
- Provide timely and accurate financial reporting including forecasting and budget vs actuals, highlighting areas of risk and mitigation plans
- Working with Technology teams to simplify and provide recharge expertise, establishing robust processes for the planning of budgets for Franchisee recharges
- Finance partner to our Digital and Technology colleagues and their Business Sponsors
- The subject matter expert for all Change activity account holders and our Finance Department, consistently providing pragmatic, compliant and simple solutions to complex business models.
- Maintains an on-going relationship with McDonald’s market, Segment, Global and discipline finance teams to drive financial and strategic project planning and processes enabling business growth.
- Develops and implements cost models and charging models, governs tracked spend verses forecast
- Prepares monthly reporting packs highlighting risk areas and action plans
What Team will I be a part?
You will work as part of the Deployment & Testing team which forms part of the wider Technology team for the UK&I and Global business. You will also have a dotted line into the LIOM Planning and Alignment team. We are a high energy team, looking for an individual who can add their talent and personality to make us even better.
Who are my customers?
- Franchisees - The Sourcing and Technology Finance team provide services to restaurants with regards to the recharging of technology spend to the restaurants in the UK and Ireland.
- The Technology Team, providing reporting and budget management controls and guidance
- Leadership Team - risk alert, reporting and action planning
- Project Managers - finance governance process training, project and Capex spend reviews
- Account holders/managers - finance governance, risk alert and action planning
- Global Technology PMO, LIOM Future Readiness Team and UK&I Change Steering Group
- Global Technology Finance - receiver of data and reporting aligned global governance standards and processes
- Global Business Services (GBS) - providing recharge methodology and submission of restaurant project recharges, TSA account reconciliation, capitalisation information
What background do I need to have?
- Previous history working with finances and budgets
- Experience of working in a Technology Team
- Strong background of working in teams and enforcing financial governance
- Understand the relationship between EPMO and wider customer/organisational requirements
- Self-starter, self-motivated with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Be able to work under general direction within a clear framework of accountability, exercising substantial personal responsibility and autonomy and plan your own work to meet given objectives and processes
- Plan, schedule and monitor your teams work to meet time and quality targets
- Organised and meticulous with an outstanding attention to detail
- Be adaptable to changing demands and a fast-paced environment
- Rapidly absorb new information and apply it effectively
- Communicate fluently, orally and in writing and present complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to build lasting relationships and facilitate collaboration
- Diplomatic ability to influence senior stakeholders and customers of the PMO
- A strong customer-centric approach
- Analytical mind-set with ability to perform root cause and options analysis
- Experience of working within Waterfall and Agile frameworks
- Excellent knowledge of project management tools and techniques
- Highly proficient IT skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project
- Take personal responsibility for driving your own development
At McDonald’s we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do and they make the McDonald’s experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers.
We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers gives us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonald’s or elsewhere.
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4564D_743999932850003
- Information Technology