Platform Data Architect
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts, we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McDonald’s restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald’s works. We provide best-in-class foundational technology products and services including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management. It’s our goal to always provide an engaging, relevant, and simple experience for our customers.
The Service Management Office (SMO) Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) Platforms Data Architect reports to the Director of SMO Platform Management. This role is accountable for the quality, accuracy and usability of the ITSM Configuration Management Database.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced technology leader to help shape the transformation of infrastructure and operations products and services to the entire McDonalds environment.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Quality, accuracy, and usability of McDonald’s ITSM CMDB
- Define data flow architecture for Analytics data.
- Build Data Engineering solutions to support Data warehouse and critical business metrics.
- Define Data Engineering best practices and guidelines.
- Work with Product teams architecture data events for analytics.
- Work with other architects to design data engineering solutions.
- Facilitate engineering discussions across the organization.
- Participate in an inclusive, energetic, and highly multi-functional team.
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Willingness and ability to live the McDonald’s values every day: Serve, Inclusion, Integrity, Community, and Family.
- Ability to collaborate with engineers, product managers, data scientists and analysts on mission critical data needs to build world-class datasets
- Detailed knowledge of ServiceNow platform, hands-on experience in ServiceNow modules (CMDB/ITSM, ITOM Discovery, Portal, Mobile and Automation)
- ITIL Foundation or above certification
- AWS Solution Architect Level certified (Architect, Developer, SysOps Administrator)
- Azure associate level certification
- Proactively seeks opportunities to evangelize and support existing data processes.
- Passionate about data engineering / analytics and distributed systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and passionate about collaborating across organizational boundaries.
- Comfortable distilling informal customer requirements into problem definitions, resolving ambiguity and balancing challenging objectives.
- Passionate about mentorship, and coaching/onboarding/leading teammates.
- 5+ years professional experience with MS SQL or similar RDBMS architecture.
- Comfortable presenting complex, technical topics in an actionable manner to senior leadership
- Solution-oriented mindset and positive attitude.
- Expert knowledge of data modeling and data relationships.
- Knowledge of other ITSM systems, CMDBs, Databases and related platforms
- Strong understanding of Data Architecture used to support event processing framework.
- Knowledge of Cloud information architecture patterns, software development processes, and data processing methodologies.
- Experience supporting or leading design and implementation of cloud native data platforms.
- 8+ years of relevant job experience in ServiceNow CMDB design, administration, development and operation and a Bachelor’s degree or 6+ years relevant job experience and a Master’s degree.
- Experience leading the design/implementation of config driven, scalable, reliable services and big data workflows/pipelines using EMR, Kafka, Spark, Hive, Airflow or equivalents.
- Experience working in stream processing frameworks such as Flink, Storm or Amazon Kinesis.
- Experience in establishing and promoting high standards in pipeline monitoring, data validation, testing, etc.
- Experience in creating efficient data models for Analytical/Operational usage.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.